RMS Celtic Dinner Menu Card - 6 July 1919
Vintage Dinner Menu Card from Sunday, 6 July 1919 on board the RMS Celtic of the White Star Line featured a limited menu including Potage Brunoise, Boiled Salmon-Cucumber Hollandaise, and Brandy & Hard Sauce for dessert. The reverse side contained handwritten notaions from the passenger.
- Potage Brunoise (Brunoise Soup)
- Boiled Salmon - Cucumber Hollandaise Sauce
- Sweetbreads - St. Cloud
- Surrey Capon - Supreme Sauce
- Baked Cumberland Ham
- Browned Potatoes & Boiled Potatoes
- Braised Bermuda Onions
- Plum Pudding
- Brandy Sauce & Hard Sauce
- Ice Cream
July 6th., 1919. RMS "CELTIC"
Handwritten notations on Back Side of Menu Card
Menu contributed to the Gjenvick-Gjønvik Archives by the Victoria University Library, Victoria University in the University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Visit their Website at LIBRARY.VICU.UTORONTO.CA (E.J. Pratt Library)
Primary Item Archival Description
- Master Filename: Graphics | STEAMSHIPS-OCEANLINERS | Menus | Diner | Celtic | 1919-07-06 | MenuCard.tif
- Subject: Dinner Menu Card
- Date: 6 July 1919
- Menu Size: 10.42 x 15.88 CM (4.10 x 6.25 IN)
- Caption: Front side of Dinner Menu Card from the White Star Line RMS Celtic
- Description: Post World War I Menu Card from the White Star Line that features many items typicaly served such as Eggs, Potatoes, Bacon, Sausage with Rice, and Toast with Preserves. Cereal included Rolled Oats and Toasted Cornflakes. White Star Line Logo appears on the Top Center.
- Passenger Class: Not stated but presumed to be Third Class / Tourist
- Provenance: Unknown Passenger onboard the RMS Celtic of the White Star Line on a westbound voyage that departed from Liverpool and arrived in New York on July 13, 1919. Received from the Victoria University Library, Victoria University in the University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. July 2012.
- Resolution: 1200 PPI/DPI
- File Format: Tiff
- Compression: None
- Color: RGB/8
- Size: 4924 x 7504 PX
- File Size: 105 MB
- Scanned by: Paul K. Gjenvick, 29 July 2012 on Mustek Flatbed Scanner
- Location: GGA Box SOL-A1 | Vintage Menus | Dinner
- Image Dirivatives Created:
Note; All Dirivatives are 150 DPI JPEG High Qualtiy (60%), optimized and enhanced using Photoshop
- Full-Size: 1250 x 1905 PX, 427 KB, MenuCard.jpg
- 500 x 762 PX, 67.9 KB, MenuCard-500.jpg
- 250 x 381 PX, 19.5 KB, MenuCard-250.jpg
- Thumbnail: 100 x 152 PX, 4.93 KB, MenuCard-100.jpg