SS Dunluce Castle Dinner Menu - 25 May 1936
Cover illustration: Victoria Falls - From Western End of Gorge.
Rare Vintage Dinner Menu from 25 May 1936 on board the SS Dunluce Castle of the Union-Castle Line featured Mignon of Beef Benjamin, Supreme of Turbot, Sauce Riche, and Junket aux Fraises Chantilly for dessert.
- Mixed Olives
- Hareng Fume
- Liver Sausage
- Eggs Mayonnaise
- Sardines 'a l'Huile
- Consommé Turtle
- Crème Clementine
- Supreme of Turbot, Sauce Riche
- Mignon of Beef Benjamin
- Cassolette of Sheep's Tongues Financière
- Globe Artichokes, Melted Butter
- Loin of Pork Anglaise
- Barded Guinea Fowl, Bread Sauce
- Roast Haunch of Mutton
- Pressed Corned Tongue
- Potatoes : Parisienne, Hollandaise
- Garden Peas en Sucre
- Salads : Plain, Parmentier
- Pouding Chancellor
- Junket aux Fraises Chantilly
- Biscuit Glace Petit Marie
- Savoury : Welsh Rarebit
- Assorted Cheese
S. S. " Dunluce Castle Dinner. May 25th, / 936.
Passengers are requested kindly to refrain from smoking in the Saloon.
- March " Fighting Strength" Jordan
- Valse "Artist's Life Strauss
- Piano Novelty " Cannon off the Cush " Engleman
- Finale " Beautiful Helen " Offenbach