RMS Queen Elizabeth Farewell Dinner Menu - 15 June 1953
Vintage Farewell Dinner Menu from 15 June 1953 on board the RMS Queen Elizabeth of the Cunard Line featured Vol au Vent à la Reine, Baked Cloved Ham, Marsala, and Pineapple Royale for dessert. Autographs of fellow passengers accompany this menu.
Monday, June 15th , 1953
- Chilled Grapefruit. Cerise
- Hors d’Œuvre, Variés
- Consommé Souveraine
- Potage Windsor
- Poached Salmon, Sauce Hollandaise
- Vol au Vent à la Reine
- Baked Cloved Ham, Marsala
- Roast Turkey, Chestnut Stuffing, Cranberry Sauce
- String Beans
- Creamed Soccotash
- Boiled and Roast Potatoes
- Roast Beef
- Ox Tongue
- Green Combination Salad, French Dressing
- Pineapple Royale
- Ice Cream and Wafers
- Assorted Pastries
- Fresh Fruit ‘
Wines: Red or White Bordeaux: Per Bottle or en carafe 5s.; Per glass 1s.
Passengers on Special Diet are especially invited to make known
their requirements to the Head Waiter.
Specialty foods for infants are available on request.