Navy Boot Camp Book 1976 Company 132 The Keel
Front Cover, Great Lakes USNTC "The Keel" 1976 Company 132. GGA Image ID # 168b30fd04
Roster and Photos for Recruit Company 132 for 1976, United States Naval Training Center, Great Lakes, Illinois. Company Commander: LTC D. B. Tomich USN. 72 Men Graduated. Training Completed 30 July 1976.
Company 76-132 Flags Won
- 1 Batt. "A" Flag
- 1 "S" Flag
Company 76-132 Organization and Schedule
- 1st Regiment, 14th Battalion
- Commenced Training: 8 June 1976
- Completed Training: 30 July 1976
Company 76-132 Leadership
- Commander- Naval Training Center: Captain Martin "M" Zenni
- Commanding Officer - Recruit Training Command: Captain Donald Henderson
- Executive Officer - Recruit Training Command: Captain J. N. Ryan
- Military Training Officer - Recruit Training Command: Lt Cmdr. J. F. Smuda
- Regimental Commander - Recruit Training Command: Lt D. C. Brown
- Battalion Commander: LTC D. B. Tomich USN
- Battalion Adjutant: MMC D. W. Baughman USN
- Battalion Maintenance Supervisor: ADR1 R. P. McDonald USN
- Company Commander: LTC D. B. Tomich USN
- Company Commander's Assistant: AA D. H. Grossman USN
Company 76-132 Recruit Roster
- Baker, Michael E. - Omaha, Nb.
- Bennies, Peter H. - Rochelle Park, N.J.
- Borgens, Curtis J. - Redgranite, Ws.
- Buckley, David W. - New York, N.J.
- Childress, Roy E. - Tampa, Fla.
- Cline, William E. - Grand Marsh, Wis.
- Conn, Fredric H. - Toledo, Ohio
- Cross, Charles W. - Grand Gorge, N.Y
- Dean, Randee L. - Akron, Ohio
- Deyo, Chandler A. - Altona, N.Y.
- Dorsey, James P. - Oak Grove, Mo.
- Earley, Thomas L. - Albany, N.Y.
- Easom, Carl E. - Groten, Ct.
- Eastman, Howard F. - Holyoke, Mass.
- Fantasia, Nicholas J. - Richmond, Mo.
- Finch, Shane - Farmdale, Ohio
- Finley, William K. - Ridgefield, Ct.
- Fleck, Gary A. - Geneva, Ohio
- Foshey, Keith H. - Enfield, N.H.
- Foster, Larry D. - Richmond, Mo.
- Gamroth, Rex A. - Mindoro, Wis.
- Fantner, Steven C. - Wausau, Wis.
- Gengler, Matthew P. - Medford, Wis.
- Gibson, Mark W. - Holland, Mass.
- Glover, James L. - Scott, Ar.
- Gray, B. E. - Fall River, Mass.
- Hansen, Joseph A. - Bloomfield, Conn.
- Hare, Anthony R. - Weyauwega, Wis.
- Heywood, Neil C. - Granby, Ct.
- Hooverson, David A. - Soldiers Grove, Wis.
- Jackson, Bruce K. - West Springfield, Mass.
- Johnson, Kevin C. - Iron River, Wis.
- Johnson, Lincoln T.- Kansas City, Mo.
- Kelly, Harry L. - Excelsior Springs, Mo.
- Kowalsky, Randy S. - Newington, Conn.
- Kucinski, David R. - Ashland, Wisc.
- LaFosse, Laurent P. - Falls Village, Ct.
- Lawin, Steven A. - Cornucopia, Wis.
- Lewkowicz, Alan J. - Holyoke, Mass.
- Lippert, Dennis R. - Montfort, Wis.
- May, Richard B. - Marion, Wis.
- Weade, Kenneth C. - Toledo, Ohio
- McNamer, Felix O. - Coleman, Wisc.
- Monck, William W. - Somerset, N.J.
- Moyer, GayIon K. - Hamburg, la.
- Muilen, Dennis M. - S. Boston, Mass.
- Murphy, Randall L. - Lanesboro, la.
- Phillips, Matthew R. - Worcester, Mass.
- Placko, Steve J. - Ashtabula, Ohio
- Reneall, Ranald L. - St. John, Ks.
- Ringer, Dale S. - Agawam, Mass.
- Robear, John R. - S. Burlington, Vt
- Sasse, Michael J. - Jefferson, Ma.
- Seay, Gary P. - Brookpark, Ohio
- Selvey, Robert B. - Billerica, Mass.
- Smith, David B. - Manchester, Ohio
- Snyder, Thomas G. - Springfield, Mass.
- Steers, John W. - Mindoro, Wisc.
- Vageline, William H. - Springfield, Mass.
- Waitt, Stanley B. - Beverly, Mass.
- Watras, Robin A. - South Hadley, Mass.
- Wegner, Gregg D. - Melrose, Wis.
- Wood, Michael P. - Lake Placid, N.Y.
- Herrick, Peter J. - Greenfield, Mass.
- Murrier, James B. - Webster, Mass.
- Olson, James J. - Random Lake, Wl.
- Paroda, Donald J. - Cleveland, Ohio
- PerilIi, Daniel V. - Fishkill, N.Y.
- Pinkham, Mark G. - N. Grosvenordale, Conn.
- Tirrell, Walter P. - Seagirt, N.J.
- Clark, David K. - Independence, Mo.
- Scott, Thomas R. - Holyoke, Ma.
Navy Boot Camp Recruit Photos - Company 76-132
Company 76-132 Great Lakes NTC Recruits, RTC Commanders, Page 1. GGA Image ID # 168b4defd0
Company 76-132 Great Lakes NTC Recruits, Company Leadership, Page 2. GGA Image ID # 168b8b1f52
Company 76-132 Great Lakes NTC Recruits, Page 3. GGA Image ID # 168b8c8d5e
Company 76-132 Great Lakes NTC Recruits, Page 4. GGA Image ID # 168bb8d2e2
Company 76-132 Great Lakes NTC Recruits, Page 5. GGA Image ID # 168bca3ef7
Company 76-132 Great Lakes NTC Recruits, Page 6. GGA Image ID # 168bd228dc
Company 76-132 Great Lakes NTC Recruits, Recruit Leaders, Page 7. GGA Image ID # 168becd346
- Recruit Petty Officer Chief (RPOC) and his Assistant
- Recruit Educational Petty Officer and his Study Guides
- The Company Clerk and his Clip Board
- Recruit Master-At-Arms
Company 76-132 Great Lakes NTC Recruits, Company History, Page 8. GGA Image ID # 168c133fc7
There are two types of recruit companies at Great Lakes—regular companies and special unit companies. Although both receive identical curriculum instruction as well as physical and military training, they differ most in their activities during evenings and weekends.
A regular company will spend much of its free time practicing for competitive events—military drill, athletic contests and inspections—with the goal of attaining Color Company designation at Graduation Review.
Special units have a similar program, with the exception of drill, but in addition they must spend many hours practicing and rehearsing for their performances at several reviews. These units—Drill Team, Drum and Bugle Corps, Bluejacket Choir, State Flags, Honor Guard and Staff Units—also perform in parades and ceremonies in the surrounding civilian community.
Regardless of the type of company, however, the end results are the same—long hours, hard work and strenuous discipline—as civilians are transformed into fleet- ready sailors.
COMPANY HISTORY compiled by Dennis Roy Lippert - Company Clerk
- Roy E. Childress, RPOC
- Alan J. Lewkowicz, Asst. RPOC
- Fredric H. Conn, MAA
- David G. Buckley, EPO
- Dennis R. Lippert, Co. Clerk
- Neil C. Heywood, Postal Clerk
- James P. Dorsey, DCPO
- Mickael J. Sasse, LPO
- Dennis M. Mullens, APO
- 1st Squad Charles W. Cross
- 2nd Squad Gary A. Fleck
- 3rd Squad Mark W. Gibson
- 4th Squad Thomas G. Snyder
- 5th Squad Chandler A. Deyo
- 6th Squad Anthony R. Hare
- 1st Platoon Bruce K. Jackson
- 2nd Platoon Kenneth C. Meade
FLAGS WON BY COMPANY
- 1 Batt. "A" Flag
- 1 "S" Flag
RELIGIOUS PETTY OFFICERS
- David K. Clark, Protestant
- Dale S. Ringer, Catholic
Company 76-132 Great Lakes NTC Recruits, Company Leadership, Page 9. GGA Image ID # 168c6afcae
A.R.P.O.C., Compony Commander's Asst. Company Commander and R.P.O.C.
Company 76-132 Great Lakes NTC Recruits, Honorman, Company Front, Page 10. GGA Image ID # 168d92b17f
Company Commander’s Asst., Honorman and Company Commander
Company 76-132 Great Lakes NTC Recruits, Brigade Review, Page 11. GGA Image ID # 168d931e23
Company 76-132 Great Lakes NTC Recruits, Company Commanders, Honormen, and Recruit Brigade Commander, Page 12. GGA Image ID # 168e00a6a8
Introducing Company Commanders
Honormen and Recruit Brigade Commander await awards
Company 76-132 Great Lakes NTC Recruits, Reviewing Officials, Honorman, Passing in Review, Page 13. GGA Image ID # 168e242556
Company 76-132 Great Lakes NTC Recruits, Autographs, Page 14. GGA Image ID # 168e63a22c