Military Collections (Navy, Army, Marines, WWI, WWII)
Helping Military Personnel, Veterans, their Families, and Descendants Discover More About Their Service.
Our military collections are known for Bootcamp yearbooks, primarily for the US Navy, but include the US Army and the US Marine Corps. While our collections have focused on the United States Navy, we also have significant materials on World Wars I and II. Most of our materials are in the form of books, yearbooks, magazines, brochures, historical documents, and period articles.
- Brochures (Booklets, Brochures, Pamphlets, Leaflets, Flyers)
- Cruise Books
- USN Decorations and Citations
- Navy Documents
- Magazines (All Hands, Approach, Naval Aviation News, Naval History, Naval Institute Proceedings; Navy: Sea Power; Our Navy; The Hook: Journal of Carrier Aviation; TraNavy)
- Special Collections
- U.S. Naval Training Center Boot Camp Yearbooks (Bainbridge, Great Lakes, Orlando, and San Diego)
- Magazines (Army Digest, Yank)
- The Draft / Selective Service System
- Training Centers (Camp Devens, Camp Dix, Camp Grant, Camp Pike, Camp Zachary Taylor, Fort Benning, Fort Campbell, Fort Dix)
Recruit Training Depots Graduation Yearbooks: Parris Island, San Diego
The Gjenvick-Gjønvik Archives Has Substantial Materials on WW1 - including Information and Photographs of Camp Pike, Camp Grant, Camp Dix, Camp Dodge, and Others. Women Serving at Home and Abroad, Unique Coverage of the WW1 Draft, including Draft Registrations, Unit Histories, French Money, Correspondence from King George V, a Comprehensive WW1 Image Library, Documents, Photographs and More!
- War Ration Books and Rationing
- Oral History: Battle of the Bulge Interview with survivor George Knaphus.