Military Archives of the Gjenvick-Gjønvik Archives
Helping Military Personnel, Veterans, their Families, and Descendants Discover More About Their Service.
The goal of the GG Archives is to Place military service within the context of social and cultural history. Since 2000, our collections have focused on the United States Navy, but also include significant materials on World War I and the US Army. We hold smaller yet historically useful content on World War II, the US Marine Corps, and the US Air Force.
Most of these materials are in the form of books, yearbooks, brochures, historical documents, magazines, and period articles.
- Brochures (Booklets, Brochures, Pamphlets, Leaflets, Flyers)
- Cruise Books
- USN Decorations and Citations
- Navy Documents
- Magazines (All Hands, Approach, Naval Aviation News, Naval History, Naval Institute Proceedings; Navy: Sea Power; Our Navy; The Hook: Journal of Carrier Aviation; TraNavy)
- Special Collections
- U.S. Naval Training Center Boot Camp Yearbooks (Bainbridge, Great Lakes, Orlando, and San Diego)
- Magazines (Army Digest, Yank)
- The Draft / Selective Service System
- Training Centers (Camp Devens, Camp Dix, Camp Grant, Camp Pike, Camp Zachary Taylor, Fort Benning, Fort Campbell, Fort Dix)
Recruit Training Depots Graduation Yearbooks: Parris Island, San Diego
- French Currency
- Soldiers Bonus
- Soldiers Diary
- The Draft
- Unit Histories (88th Division, 346th Infantry, 351st Infantry).
- War Ration Books and Rationing
- Oral History: Battle of the Bulge Interview with survivor George Knaphus.