Zanzibar, Tanzania Passenger Lists 1929
Passenger Lists available from the GG Archives from the Port of Zanzibar, Tanzania. Organized by Date of Departure, Steamship Line, Steamship or Ocean Liner, Class of Passengers, Route, and the Ship's Captain.
Zanzibar is the semi-autonomous part of Tanzania in East Africa. It is composed of the Zanzibar Archipelago in the Indian Ocean, 25–50 kilometres off the coast of the mainland, and consists of numerous small islands and two large ones: Unguja (the main island, referred to informally as Zanzibar) and Pemba. The capital is Zanzibar City, located on the island of Unguja.
Digitized Passenger Lists for Zanzibar
- Steamship Line: Union-Castle Line
- Class of Passengers: First Class
- Date of Departure: 23 May 1929
- Route: London to South Africa via the Mediterranean
- Ports of Call: London to Natal via Marseilles, Genoa, Port Said, Port Sudan, Aden, Mombasa, Tanga, Zanzibar, DarEs-Salaam, Port Amelia, Beira and Lourenço Marques (Maputo)
- Commander: Captain E. F. Gilbert