Port of Rio de Janeiro Passenger Lists
Rio de Janeiro is on the far western part of a strip of Brazil's Atlantic coast, close to the Tropic of Capricorn, where the shoreline is oriented east–west.
Facing largely south, the city was founded on an inlet of this stretch of the coast, Guanabara Bay, and its entrance is marked by a point of land called Sugar Loaf—a "calling card" of the city.
Digitized Passenger Lists for the Port of Rio de Janeiro
- Steamship Line: Hamburg Amerika Linie / Hamburg American Line (HAPAG)
- Class of Passengers: First Class
- Date of Departure: 20 September 1909
- Route: Boulogne-sur-Mer to Rio de Janeiro and La Plata via Southampton, Vigo, and Lisbon
- Commander: Captain P. Wiehr
- Steamship Line: Royal Mail Lines
- Class of Passengers: First and Second Saloon
- Date of Departure: circa 1 June 1935 (Note 1)
- Route: Southampton to Buenos Aires via London (Tilbury), Cherbourg, Boulogne-sur-Mer, Spain (Coruña Galicia [A Coruña], Las Palmas, Vigo), Portugal (Leixöes, Lisbon), Madeira, St. Vincent, Cape Verde Island, Brazil (Bahia, Pernambuco [Recife], Rio de Janeiro, Santos, São Paulo), Montevideo, Uruguay
- Commander: Captain A. Purvis
- Note 1: Passenger List did not provide departure date from Southampton - Only the Arrival date (18 June 1935) for Buenos Aires Argentina