Port of Messina Passenger Lists
Port of Messina (Italian: Porto di Messina) is a port serving Messina, Sicily, Italy. The port opens on the western shore of the Strait of Messina, and is made up of a large inlet of the natural harbour, that borders an area of around 820,000 m². The port areas, however, only occupy about 50 hectares. The harbour entrance in the northwest is about 400 meters wide, and the average depth of the basin (about 100 meters from the docks) is 40 meters. This allows for the access and docking of large ships. The docks are equipped with both fixed and mobile cranes, and are linked by rail through Messina Centrale and Messina Marittima railway stations.
Digitized Passenger Lists for the Port of Messina
- Steamship Line: Cunard Line
- Class of Passengers: Saloon
- Date of Departure: 4 November 1913
- Route: Fiume to New York via Trieste, Patras, Messina, Naples, Almeria, and Gibraltar
- Commander: Captain William Prothero