August 1949 Proceedings Magazine: United States Naval Institute
Front Cover, Naval Institute Proceedings, Destroyers to the Rescue. With the U. S. Carrier Bunker Hill Aflame From Two Crash Dives by Japanese Kamikazes During the Battle off Okinawa, a Destroyer Races to Intervene Against Further Kamikaze Attack... Official U. S. Navy Photograph. August 1949, Vol. No. 75, No. 8, Whole No. 558. GGA Image ID#
For the Advancement of Professional, Literary, and Scientific Knowledge in the Navy
- The Atlantic Alliance
By Robert McClintock
- Man and Materials in the Polar Regions
By George W. Grupp
- Jungle Allies
By Major John L. Zimmerman, U. S. Marine Corps Reserve (Inactive)
- The Riddle of Combined Arms: 1949
By Major Guy Richards, U. S. Marine Corps Reserve
- The Navy's Colossal Crane
By Warren Hughes
- The Uniform Problem
By Lieutenant J. C. Busby, S.C., U. S. Navy
- Japanese Imperialism and the Aguinaldo Insurrection
By James K. Eyre, Jr.
- The Naval Officer as a Speaker and Instructor
By Captain I. E. McMillian, U. S. Navy
- The U. S. Navy's First Seagoing Marine Officer
By Captain Lucius C. Dunn, U. S. Navy (Retired)
- Inshore Navigation With Radar and VPR
By Captain William Hugh Organ., U. S. Navy
- Navy Squadrons in the Berlin Airlift (Pictorial Section)
- Discussion, Comments, Notes
- Book Reviews
- Professional Notes
- Secretary's Notes
The opinions or assertions in the articles are the private ones of the writers, and are not to be construed as official or reflecting the views of the Navy Department or the naval service at large.
Published monthly at 450 Ahnaip St., Menasha, Wis.
Executive, Editorial and Business Offices, U. S. Naval Institute, Annapolis, Md.
Advertising Department, Suite 710, 2000 Connecticut Ave., N.W., Washington, D.C.
Entered as second-class matter at the post-office at Menasha, Wis., April 4, 1922, and at the post-office at Annapolis, Md., under Act of August 4, 1912. Acceptance for mailing at the special rate of postage provided for in section 1103, Act of October 3, 1919, authorized March 13, 1922. Membership dues (including PROCEEDINGS), $2.00 a year.
Subscription rate, $4.00 a year. (Foreign postage, $1.00 extra.) Single copies 50 cents.
UNITED STATES NAVAL INSTITUTE PROCEEDINGS
- Edited by Captain W. G. Cooper, U. S. Navy
- Managing Editor—Commander Roy de S. Horn, U. S. Navy (Ret.)
- Captain Joseph M. P. Wright, U. S. Navy
- Commander C. P. Lemieux, U. S. Naval Reserve (Inactive)
- Lieutenant Commander H. O. Werner, U. S. Naval Reserve (Inactive)
United States Naval Institute
Publication Office: Menasha, Wisconsin
Editorial and Business Office: Annapolis, Maryland
Advertising Department: 2000 Connecticut Ave. N.W., Washington, D.C.
Copyright, 1949, by U. S. Naval Institute