SS Canada Ephemera Collection
All Digitized Ephemera for the SS Canada available at the GG Archives. Common items of ephemera in our maritime collection include passenger lists, brochures, event and entertainment programs, and other memorabilia produced for a voyage or ship.
- Steamship Line: Dominion Line
- Class of Passengers: Saloon
- Date of Departure: 15 January 1898
- Route: Boston to Queenstown (Cobh) and Liverpool
- Commander: Captain Jas. McAuley
Excellent brochure from the Dominion Line circa 1900 that provided several views of their fleet of steamships, facts about their fleet, and views of their first, second, and third-class accommodations. Ships Featured: New England, Canada, Dominion, Scotsman, Vancouver, and Labrador.
- Steamship Line: Fabre Line
- Class of Passengers: First Class
- Date of Departure: 16 April 1914
- Route: Special Winter Voyage from New York to the Mediterranean calling at Algiers, Naples, Villefranche and Marseilles
- Commander: Captain Victor Bouleuc
The Canadian Alien Card was issued to each non-Canadian passenger indicating the number of sheet and line on sheet their name was listed on. The Card was to be presented on arrival, to the Canadian Aliens' Officer.
- Steamship Line: White Star-Dominion Line
- Class of Passengers: Cabin
- Date of Departure: 18 September 1925
- Route: Liverpool to Quebec and Montreal via Queenstown (Cobh)
- Commander: Captain T. Jones
Ephemera contained in the GG Archives collection represent the souvenirs provided to the passengers of each voyage. Many of these souvenir ephemeral items have disappeared over the years.
Our selection varies considerably by ship, and likely contains only a sampling of what was originally produced and printed by the steamship lines.
Bookmark pages you're researching and check back periodically for additions as we continue to digitize our extensive ephemera materials.