Swedish Genealogical Dictionary, Fourth Edition
Phyllis J. Pladsen, Swedish Genealogical Dictionary, Fourth Edition © 2000, Pladsen Sveria Press, White Bear Lake, Minnesota, Spiral Binding, 150 Pages.
This edition contains more than 5700 words and abbreviations that will help you in your research of your Swedish family history. A difficult, out-of-print book that has been quite useful to many in finding resources and perhaps pointing you in the right direction.
- Preface to the Fourth Edition
- Section I: Word List
- Section II: Abbreviations
- Section III: Reference
- Map of Sweden: Provinces (Landskap)
- Map of Sweden: Counties (Lån)
- Provinces (Landskap) of Sweden
- Counties (Lån) of Sweden
- Emigration Records: Lists and Indexes
- Abbreviations Frequently Used in Emigration Indexes
- Post-1895 Church Records
- Sources for Swedish-American Church Records
- Swedish Archives
- Map of Sweden: Archive Addresses
- Useful Books for Swedish Research
- Important Swedish Sources on CD-ROM
- Section IV: Handwriting Samples.
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
(Note, Listing applies to 2nd Edition)
- LC Control No.: 93224611
- LCCN Permalink: http://lccn.loc.gov/93224611
- Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
- Personal Name: Phyllis J.
- Main Title: Swedish genealogical dictionary / compiled by Phyllis J. Pladsen and Joseph C. Huber.
- Edition Information: 2nd ed.
- Published/Created: White Bear Lake, MN (2185 Randy Ave., White Bear Lake 55110) : Pladsen/Huber Press, 1993.
- Related Names: Huber, Joseph C.
- Description: v, 130 p. : ill.; 28 cm.
- Subjects: Genealogy --Dictionaries --Swedish. Swedish language --Dictionaries --English.
- LC Classification: CS6 .P55 1993
- Dewey Class No.: 929/.1/03 20
- CALL NUMBER: CS6 .P55 1993