The Seefert Weier Story
Knaphus, Marie Anna, The Seefert Weier Story, Self Published: Ames, Iowa (2004), Spiral Bound, 63 pages.
This booklet tells the story of the Seefert-Weier family, their voyage to America on the SS Itzstein from Bremen to New York and their family tree.
Note that early records show Seefert is the Americanized version of the German surname Sievert.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- The Voyage; August and Mary Seefert
- Birthplaces of Michael John Weier and Susanna Marx
- News Story of Hattie Weier
- William and Maria Anna (Mary) Seefert
- Auction Sale Bill for Seefert Farm
- Photographs of the Mohrmann, Seefert, Weinand, and Mangel Families
- Emma Rachel Seefert Mangel
- Anna Mary (Annie) Seefert Weinand
- Wilhelmina (Minnie) Seefert Schramm
- August William (Gust) Seefert
- Michael August (Mike) Seefert
- Stephen David (Steve) Seefert
- John Edgar Seefert
- Clara Susan Seefert Gjenvick
- Refinishing Business
- Sources of Information
- About the Author
Photos on the cover are of Grandma Maria Anna (Mary) Seefert, the William and Mary Seefert home on the farm at Hanover and of three young Seefert daughters, Emma, Minnie, and Anna. See page 19 for a picture of the same three as adults.