The Genealogist's Computer Companion
by Rhonda R. McClure
The only book of its kind that looks at the genealogical research process as a whole in conjunction with computer use for conducting research and preserving documents electronically. Illustrations. ISBN: 1558705910, Soft cover: 84 pages, Binding: Trade paperback, Publisher: Betterway Books (01/2003), Copyright 2001, Language: English
Explains how to use the computer, the Internet, and genealogical software to trace one's family history.
Table of Contents At a Glance
- 1 Computers and Genealogy: Where We’ve Been
- 2 Understanding Your Computer
- 3 Put the Computer to Work for You, Part 1
- 4 Head Onto the Internet
- 5 Tools of the Internet
- 6 Library Research From Home
- 7 The Search Is On
- 8 Genealogical Aids
- 9 Look Toward the Future
- 10 Put the Computer to Work for You, Part II
- A State Resources
- B Country Resources
- C Library Resources Online
- D Glossary of Genealogical and Technical Terms
- Index, 181
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- LC Control No.: 2001043535
- LCCN Permalink: http://lccn.loc.gov/2001043535
- Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
- Personal Name: McClure, Rhonda R.
- Main Title: The genealogist’s computer companion / Rhonda R. McClure.
- Edition Information: 1st ed.
- Published/Created: Cincinnati, Ohio : Betterway Books, c2002.
- Description: 183 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- ISBN: 1558705910 (alk. paper)
- Notes: Includes bibliographical references (p. 161-169) and index.
- Subjects: Genealogy --Computer network resources --Handbooks, manuals, etc. Genealogy --Databases --Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- LC Classification: CS14 .M345 2002
- Dewey Class No.: 929/.2/0285 21
- CALL NUMBER: CS14 .M345 2002