The WPA Historical Records Survey: A Guide to the Unpublished Inventories, Indexes, and Transcripts
The Society of American Archivists, The WPA Historical Records Survey: A Guide to the Unpublished Inventories, Indexes, and Transcripts, © 1980, The Society of American Archivists, Chicago, Illinois, Soft Bound, 42 Pages + microfiche containing detailed lists of counties, municipalities and denominations, 0-931828-25-2.
Luther H. Evans
Maynard J. Brichford
- An Overview of the Historical Records Survey
- Suggested Reading List
- Guide to Unpublished Historical Records Survey Materials in Each State
- Matrix Summarizing Locations of Materials for Each Project.
- Detailed Lists of Counties, Municipalities, and Denominations
- Sample Historical Records Suvery Forms
In an effort to answer some of these questions about the legacy of the HRS, the Society of American Archivists undertook a project to locate and list the unpublished materials from the Survey. The project was preceded by one conducted by Leonard Rapport in the early 1970s with a small grant from the Ford Foundation. The results of his survey were presented at the Society’s annual meeting in 1973 which stimulated further interest in the HRS. Little was done, however, until 1977 when, with the aid of a generous grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities, the SAA undertook a comprehensive search for HRS materials.
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- LC Control Number: 80051489
- Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
- Personal Name: Hefner, Loretta L.
- Main Title: The WPA Historical Records Survey : a guide to the unpublished inventories, indexes, and transcripts / compiled by Loretta L. Hefner.
- Published/Created: Chicago : Society of American Archivists, 1980.
- Related Names: Society of American Archivists.
- Description: vi, 42 p. : ill.; 28 cm. + 1 microfiche (90 fr.)
- ISBN: 0931828252 (pbk.)
- Notes: Microfiche in pocket.
- Bibliography: p. 8.
- Subjects: Historical Records Survey (U.S.) United States--History--Archival resources.
- LC Classification: Z1236 .H437 <Micro> E173
- Dewey Class No.: 350.71/46 19
- Geog. Area Code: n-us---