Home Lines History and Ephemera
Founded in 1946, Home Lines was an Italian passenger shipping company operating both ocean liners and cruise ships. Based out of Genoa, their vessels were registered in Panama. In 1988, Holland America acquired Home Lines, one of the most highly regarded cruise lines in the world at that time.
Home Lines were connected to Cosulich Lines, Swedish American Line, and Hamburg-America Line. Eugen Eugenides' adopted son Nicolaos Vernicos-Eugenides cofounded the Hamburg Atlantic Line in 1958, and he later served as the CEO of both Home Lines and Hamburg Atlantic Line.
- Steamship Line: Home Lines
- Ship: SS Atlantic
- Class of Passengers: Tourist
- Date of Departure: 17 July 1954
- Route: Quebec to Southampton via Le Havre
- Commander: Captain Giovanni Ruffini