O'Day Day Sailer Sailboat (1967)
The boat that launched 10,000 weekends, we call her, but that's an understatement, because today there are nearly 4000 Day Sailers throughout the country.
She exhibits remarkable performance in heavy or light airs, and she has an outboard well, a roomy cockpit and cuddy cabin, and many other fine features.
It wasn't until Uffa Fox designed this fast, stable and comfortable boat that the concept of Family Sailboat Living was born.
Youngsters can sail her, the whole family can race her, and whether you're trailing her to a distant harbor or lake, roller-reefing for a blow, or gliding across a quiet inlet, you'll find the Day Sailer a real introduction to family sailing and a joy to own.
- Length: 16' 9";
- Beam: 6'3";
- Draft: Centerboard up 7"; down 3'9";
- Sail area: 145 sq. ft.
- Outboard well
- Roller reefing
- Cam action main and jib sheet cleats
- Anodized aluminum spars
- Wire halyards
- Foam filled spars
- Storage rack under rear deck
- Sail locker in bow
- Philippine mahogany floorboards
- Storage shelves under cuddy
- Bow eye
- Combination paddle and boom crutch
- Drain plug in cockpit
- Kickup rudder and centerboard
- Vinyl gunwale guard
- Adjustable jib sheet leads
- Positive foam flotation
- 2 year warranty.
GG Archives REF: BPODY-002-1967-C-CAT