Bangor Punta Corporation Marketing Archives
Bangor Punta Corporation (sometimes abbreviated BP and traded on the NYSE under BNK) was an American conglomerate and Fortune 500 Company from 1964 to 1984.
It owned a number of well-known companies primarily in the pleasure craft, firearms and general aviation industries. The primary purpose for this website is to provide an educational resource for students and researchers.
Bangor Punta: In a Nutshell
Bangor Punta Corporation Highlights
- Fate: Acquired by Lear Siegler, Inc.
- Founded: 1964
- Defunct: 1984
- Location of HQ: Greenwich, CT
- Major Divisions (Companies): Smith & Wesson, Piper Aircraft, Starcraft, Cal Boats / Jensen Marine, O'Day Sailboats & Yachts, Luhrs.
- Industries: Agribusiness, Energy Systems, Fashion Fabrics, Leisure Time, Public Security, Process Engineering, Professional Services and Transportation.
- Primary Products: Boats (pleasure crafts including Yachts, Sailboats, Power Boats), Campers, Airplanes, Firearms, Ammunition, Cotton Oil, Specialty Fabrics
- Fortune 500 Company: 1984, 1983, 1982, 1981, 1980, 1979, 1978, 1975, 1974, 1973, 1972, 1971, 1970, 1969, 1968, and 1967.
Smith & Wesson
Smith & Wesson Made A Lot More Than Handguns. Vintage Advertisements, Catalogs, Gun Inserts, Specifications and More From the Bangor Punta Era.
Piper Aircraft had the distinction of having an eight-year legal battle over ownership that was decided by the U.S. Supreme Court - in Bangor Punta's favor.
Cal Boats from Jensen Marine
Purchased by Bangor Punta in 1966, The CAL line of Yachts was one of the premier racing and cruising sailboats of the era.
O'Day Sailboats and Yachts
Building everything from small Day Sailers to 39 Foot Luxury Yachts, O'Day proved to be a great purchase in 1966 by Bangor Punta.
This was the Sixties and Seventies and Luhrs at that time had the distinction of making their ads and boats ultra appealing to men - Find out why and check out the dated taglines.
One Greenwich Plaza Greenwich, Connecticut 06830
It's a Name You Should Know
Bangor Punta sells more boats to more people than any other builder. When you become the leader, two things happen: you like being there, and you have to work that much harder to stay there.
Our concept, make a better product and more people will buy it. That's precisely what happened and that's the way we'll keep it.
Now, meet the family: Starcraft, Duo, Luhrs, Ulrichsen, Seagoing Houseboats, Rent-A-Cruise of America, O'Day sailers, Ranger racing yachts, and Cal cruising-racing yachts by Jensen.
Bangor Punta. World's Leading Builder of Boats. (January 1970)
Bangor Punta Leisure Time Group, 1 Greenwich Plaza, Greenwich, CT