San Francisco, California Passenger Lists 1926-1954
The San Francisco Harbor. The Syren & Shipping Illustrated, 17 June 1908. GGA Image ID # 1473169b9e
Passenger Lists available from the GG Archives from the Port of San Francisco, California. Organized by Date of Departure, Steamship Line, Steamship or Ocean Liner, Class of Passengers, Route, and the Ship's Captain.
- Steamship Line: Dollar Steamship Line
- Class of Passengers: Cabin Class
- Date of Departure: 30 September 1926
- Route: New York to Marseilles via Havana, Cristobal, Balbao, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Honolulu, Kobe, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Manilla, Singapore, Penang, Colombo, Port Said and Alexandria
- Commander: Captain M. Ridley
- Steamship Line: Grace Line
- Class of Passengers: First and Second Saloon
- Date of Departure: 10 December 1937
- Route: San Francisco and Los Angeles to Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Panama Canal, Colombia, Havana, and New York
- Commander: Captain Curt Zastrow
- Steamship Line: Orient Line
- Class of Passengers: Tourist Class
- Date of Departure: 8 October 1954
- Route: Vancouver BC to Sydney via San Francisco, Honolulu, Suva (Fiji), and Auckland
- Commander: Captain A. E. Coles, R.D., R.N.R.
San Francisco is located on the West Coast of the United States at the north end of the San Francisco Peninsula and includes significant stretches of the Pacific Ocean and San Francisco Bay within its boundaries.
View of Fisherman's Wharf at San Francisco in 1922. GGA Image ID # 1717c096b7
Several picturesque islands—Alcatraz, Treasure Island and the adjacent Yerba Buena Island, and small portions of Alameda Island, Red Rock Island, and Angel Island—are part of the city.
Modern Piers at the Port of San Francisco, 1923. GGA Image ID # 1717fa5dc2