Naval Aviation News - October 1992 - Womanpower
Front Cover, Naval Aviation News, October 1992: Shooter Lt. Robin A. Erichsen prepares an A-6 Intruder for launching from the flight deck of Forrestal (AVT-16) off the coast of Florida.
Back Cover, Naval Aviation News, October 1992: Forrestal air department crew members adjust aircraft tie-down chains. Photos by J01 (SW) Eric S. Sesit.
Flagship Publication of Naval Aviation
Oldest U.S. Navy Periodical, Volume 74, No. 6, September-October 1992
- Womanpower in Naval Aviation 20 Years of Progress
- The Navy's Newest — George Washington Commissioned
- Forrestal: Men + Women = Crew
- Forrestal — Classroom of the Future
- Shooter: One of the Last 'Firsts'
- Naval Air Test and Evaluation Museum: for an Enjoyable Afternoon
- Postgraduate Safety — The Navy Way
- Naval Aviation in WW II: Patrol Aviation in the Pacific in WW II, Part 2
- SAR Swimmers = Saviors
- Flight Line: Perspective on Respect
- Grampaw Pettibone
- Naval Aircraft: P-59 Airacomet
- Professional Reading
- ANA Bimonthly Photo Competition
- Flight Bag
RAdm. Riley D. Mixson
Assistant Chief of Naval Operations (Air Warfare)
Published by the Naval Historical Center under the auspices of the Chief of Naval Operations
Dr. Dean C. Allard
Director of Naval History
Cdr. Stephen R. Silverio
Director, Naval Aviation History and Publication Division
- LCdr. Richard R. Burgess, Editor
- Capty RusRausa, Managing Editor
- Charles C. Cooney, Art Director
- Joan A. Fresher, Associate Editor
- JOCS B. A. Cornfeld, Associate Editor
- J01(SW) Eric S. Seslt, Assistant Editor
- Harold Andrews, Technical Advisor
- Cdr. Peter Mersky, USNR, Book Review Editor
- Capt. R. Rause, USNR (Ret.), Contributing Editor
Naval Aviation News considers for publication unsolicited manuscripts, photo essays, artwork, and general news about aircraft, organizations, history, and/or human endeavors which are the core of Naval Aviation. All military contributors should forward articles about their commands only after internal security review and the permission of the commanding officer. Manuscripts will be returned upon request.
Naval Aviation News (USPS 323-310; ISSN 0028-1417) is published bimonthly for the Chief of Naval Operations by the Naval Historical Center. Editorial offices are located in Building 157-1, Washington Navy Yard, Washington, D.C., 20374-5059. Second-class postage is paid at Washington, D.C., and additional mailing offices. Naval Aviation News is for sale by the Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C. 20402, phone (202) 783-3238. Annual subscription: $7.50.
The Secretary of the Navy has determined that this publication is necessary in the transaction of business required by law. Funds for printing have been approved by the Navy Publications and Printing Policy Committee.