Web Analytics 2.0: The Art of Online Accountability & Science of Customer Centricity
Front Cover, Web Analytics 2.0: The Art of Online Accountability & Science of Customer Centricity by Avinash Kaushik, 2010. GGA Image ID # 1724840838
From the Back Cover
Shift to Data-Driven Decision Making and Leverage the Complete Power of All Web Data
The Web, online marketing, and advertising have been revolutionized in the last few years, yet the approach to using data has remained largely the same as a decade ago. Web analytics thought leader Avinash Kaushik presents the next-generation framework of web analytics in this exciting book that will dramatically enhance the ability of your organization to think smart and move fast.
In this book, Avinash lays out specific strategies and execution models to evolve from simply leveraging clickstream tools to incorporating the insightful elixir of qualitative data, experimentation and testing, and competitive intelligence tools.
While expanding upon the industry-shaping lessons from his bestselling book Web Analytics: An Hour a Day, Avinash explains how to measure, analyze, and act upon today's quickly evolving web technologies and trends—including social media, video, mobile, and online user-centric design options. As he updates traditional approaches, Avinash debunks myths, identifies traps, and reveals specific, simple and advanced methodologies to transform your thinking, making this book the ultimate guide for all web professionals.
- Discover the solutions for the hardest challenges, including multichannel analytics and multitouch campaign attribution analysis
- Quantify the holistic economic value of your website and measure macro and micro conversions for ecommerce, non-ecommerce, and B2B websites
- Profit from analytical methodologies that attack the holy trinity of search: internal site search, pay-per-click marketing, and search engine optimization
- Pinpoint the most relevant Key Performance Indicators for your organization and create actionable dashboards that drive change
- Master crucial emerging analytics fields including Twitte YouTube, blogs, mobile, and rich-media analytics
- Leverage experimentation and testing to create truly customer-centric websites and innovate by failing faster
- Create data-driven bosses and organizations, and cultivate the skills and background you need for a successful analytics career
- Continue learning with four hours of video, an hour of audio, and valuable presentations, templates, and models on the CD
Analytics is vitally important, and no one explains it more elegantly, more simply, or more powerfully than Avinash Kaushik. Consider buying up all the copies of this book before your competition gets a copy."
—Seth Godin, author, Tribes
"Lots of companies have spent lots of time and money collecting data—and sadly do little with it. In Web Analytics 2.0, Avinash Kaushik helps us grasp the importance of this underused resource and shows us how to make the most of online data and experimentation."
—Dan Ariely, Professor of Behavioral Economics, Duke University, and author of Predictably Irrational
"Kaushik takes the witchcraft out of analytics. If venture capitalists read this book, they would fire half of the CEOs that they've funded."
—Guy Kawasaki, Co-founder of Alltop Et Garage Technology Ventures
Avinash Kaushik is the author of the leading research Et analytics blog Occam's Razor. He is also the Analytics Evangelist for Google and the Chief Education Officer at Market Motive, Inc. He is a bestselling author and a frequent speaker at key industry conferences around the globe and at leading American universities. He was the recipient of the 2009 Statistical Advocate of the Year award from the American Statistical Association.
The author donates all proceeds from his books to two charities: The Smile Train and The Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation.
$39.99 US $47.99 CAN
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- Personal name: Kaushik, Avinash.
- Main title: Web analytics 2.0 : the art of online accountability & science of customer centricity / Avinash Kaushik.
- Published/Created: Indianapolis, IN : Wiley, c2010.
- Description: xxv, 475 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
- ISBN: 9780470529393 (pbk.); 0470529393 (pbk.)
- LC classification: ZA4235 .K382 2010
- LC Subjects: Web usage mining; Internet users--Statistics--Data processing; Internet marketing; Web site development.
- Notes: Includes index.
- Computer file info: System requirements : PC running Microsoft Windows 98, 2000, NT4 (with SP4 or later), ME, XP, or Vista. Macintosh running Apple OS X or later. CD-ROM drive.
- LCCN: 2010280426
- Dewey class no.: 025.04
- National bib no.: GBA974250
- National bib agency no.: 015336845
- Other system no.: (OCoLC)ocn428776462
- Type of material: Book