Horse Racing Program - RMS Laconia - 1930s
Front Cover, Horse Racing Program on Board the RMS Laconia, Undated but Circa 1930s. GGA Image ID # 12aa686ba8
Hilarious Horse Racing Program dating from the 1930s performed on the deck of the RMS Laconia of the Cunard White Star Line. Entries included Eve by Rib out of Adam, Jealousy by Nose out of Joint, Stampede by Sale out of Basement, etc.
HORSE RACING - TODAY AT 4:45 p.m.
R.M.S. LACONIA - CAPT. B. B. ORAM, R.D., R.N.R.
First Race NEW YORK STAKES
- Argument by Hibernian out of Nothing
- Bromo by Head out of Condition
- Curly by Barber out of Tongs
- Don Juan by Husband out of Sight
- Eve by Rib out of Adam
- Rats by Piper out of Hamelin
Second Race BOSTON HANDICAP
- Helen by Paris out of Troy
- Jealousy by Nose out of Joint
- Kicker by N out of Knicker
- Solelost by Nail out of Shoe
- Nymph by Goddess out of Mythology
- Winkle by Pin out of Shell
Third Race DELAWARE PLATE
- Relict by Survival out of Fittest
- Stampede by Sale out of Basement
- Thrills by Hugs out of Arms
- Unpopular by Skunk out of Temper
- Weather by Squalls out of Infant
- Yodel by Gargling out of Exhilaration
Fourth Race BELMONT PARK CUP
- Anti by Opposition out of Anything
- Cunard White Star by Fastidious out of Choice
- Eggs by Skipper out of Hatch
- Game by Poacher out of Covert
- Joan by Maid out of Orleans
- Indolence by Wontget out of Bed
No bets accepted after the bell rings.
“Tote” 1/- tickets will be sold on the course for each race. Winners will be paid immediately after each race.
Horse Racing Program on Board the RMS Laconia, Undated but Circa 1930s. GGA Image ID # 12ab278ae9