Great Lakes Recruit Magazine - September 1918
Front Cover, Great Lakes Recruit: A Pictorial Naval Magazine, Volume 4, Number 9, September 1918. Cover Design BY M. E. Harris. GGA Image ID # 19729f7d10
Published monthly by the Great Lakes Athletic Association, devoted to the interests of the United States Naval Training Station at Great Lakes, Illinois.
THE GREAT LAKES RECRUIT: FOR THE GOOD OF THE SHIP
- Frontispiece "Great Lakes" (Illustration)
- The Secret of the Great Lakes Bluejackets' Health, By C. R. Ketridge
- "America" (Illustration)
- "Vive La France" (Illustration)
- "Victory" (Illustration)
- "Liberty" (Illustration)
- Bluejackets' Stage War Pageant, By H. Frank Reutlinger.
- Captain William A. Moffett, Commandant, with Yale Graduates (Illustration)
- No Poultices for Potsdam, By S. J. Duncan-Clark, Chicago Evening Post
- Great Lakes Fleet Receives Orders from Signal Bridges (Illustration)
- Most "Cussed" and Discussed Department at Great Lakes
- The Great Lakes Service Flag (Illustration)
- Rookie Drill in Detention (Illustration)
- The Battle in This Country, By William Mather Lewis, National Committee of Patriotic Societies
- New Home Comforts for Great Lakes Men.
- Captain William A. Moffett Presents Colors to Twelfth Regiment (Illustration)
- Cartoon, By Briggs.
- As the Regiments Pass in Review (Illustration)
- For a Better Appreciation of the Navy, By Herbert Brande, Editorial Writer, Chicago Tribune
- A Few Crowd Pictures Snapped on a Pageant Day (Illustration)
- Cartoon, By Perce Pearce
- The Singing Squares (Illustration)
- Great Lakes is a Wonderful Place, By William A. Curley, Managing Editor, Chicago Evening American
- Bluejackets' Classrooms
- Hospitality of Chicagoans and Folks Nearby Aid Bluejackets in Having Good Clean Sport
- Service Flag Event (Illustration)
- The Horrible Detail, By Harry Smith, News Editor, Chicago Daily News
- Armed Guard Medicine is Cure for U-Boats
- Cartoon, by C. W. Anderson
- Horatius had Nothing on Bluejackets.
- Russian Dancers Delighted the Recruits of Great Lakes (Illustration)
- Aggressiveness Wins Big Series
- Cartoon, BY Sidney Smith
- Keeping "Fit" Important Business in Navy (Illustration)
- Caricatures, BY C. W. Anderson
- Old Methods and New
- Bull-Neck Ryan
- Supervising Officer: John B. Kaufman, Surgeon, USN
- Editor: Francis Buzzell, Chief Yeoman, USNRF
- Advertising Manager: W. B. Morgan, Yeoman IC., USNRF
- Solicitor: F. O. Bohen, AS, USN
- Solicitor: Samuel Salzman, Yeoman 2C., USNRF
- Solicitor: Norman J. Lott, Yeoman 3C., USNRF
- Auditor: BENJAMIN HAMMER, Yeoman 1C., USNRF
- Staff Photographer: J. W. LEWIS, Sea 2C., NNV
- Associate Editor: R. J. Train, Chief Yeoman, USNRF
- Associate Editor: C. R. Ketridge, Yeoman 2C., NNV
- Associate Editor: E. G. Gantner, Yeoman 3C., USNRF
- Associate Editor: H. L. Cooper, Yeoman 3C., USNRF
- Art Editor: M. E. Harris, Chief Yeoman, N. N. V.
- Artist: H. C. French, Yeoman 3C., U. S. N. R. F.
- Staff Cartoonist: Perce Pearce, Chief Yeoman, USNRF
- Staff Cartoonist: C. W. Anderson, Yeoman 3C USNRF
- Circulation Manager: R. F. Ziegler, Yeoman 2C., U. S. N.
- Circulator: George McGovern, LER, USNRF
- Circulator: William O'Loughlin F3C, USN
- Circulator: S. P. Bloom, LER, USNRF, HM
- Circulator: Loteman, Stk. 3C., USNRF
- Circulator: L. C. Glass, Sea 2C., USNRF
- Circulator: Fred. D. McCorkel, Sea 2C., USNRF
Published monthly by the Great Lakes Athletic Association, devoted to the interests of the United States Naval Training Station at Great Lakes, Illinois. Entered as second-class matter May 6, 1918, at Post office, Chicago, Illinois, under Act of March 3, 1879.
Acceptance for special rate of postage provided for in Section 1103, Act of October 3, 1917, authorized on June 29, 1918. Business Offices-207 W. Washington St., Chicago, Illinois, and United States Naval Training Station, Great Lakes. Illinois.
Editorial Office—Great Lakes, Illinois.
Subscription $1.50 the Year