Bomber: Events Relating to the Last Flight of an R.A.F. Over Germany
Front Cover, Bomber: Events Relating to the Last Flight of an R.A.F. Over Germany by Len Deighton, 1970. GGA Image ID # 17eea0376f
Events relating to the last flight of an R.A.F. Bomber over Germany on the night of June 30, 1943. LOC 71-123980. Paperback
"Bomber" follows the progress of an Allied air raid through a period of 24 hours in the summer of 1943. It portrays all the participants in a terrifying drama, in the air and on the ground, in Britain and Germany.
Bomber is a novel by Len Deighton that was published in the United Kingdom in 1970. It is the fictionalised account of "the events relating to the last flight of an RAF Bomber over Germany on the night of June 31st, 1943", a deliberately impossible date, in which an RAF bombing raid on the Ruhr area of western Germany goes wrong. In each chapter, the plot is advanced by seeing the progress of the day through the eyes of protagonists on both sides of the conflict.
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- LC Control No.: 71123980
- Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
- Personal Name: Deighton, Len, 1929-
- Main Title: Bomber; events relating to the last flight of an R.A.F. [bomber] over Germany on the night of June 31, 1943.
- Edition Information: [1st U.S. ed.]
- Published/Created: New York, Harper & Row 
- Description: 424 p. 25 cm.
- Subjects: World War, 1939-1945 --Fiction.
- Form/Genre: War stories. gsafd
- LC Classification: PZ4.D324 Bo3 PR6054.E37
- Dewey Class No.: 823/.9/14