Duel of Eagles: The R.A.F. and the Luftwaffe in the Battle of Britain
Front Cover, Duel of Eagles: The R.A.F. and the Luftwaffe in the Battle of Britain by Peter Townsend, 1972. GGA Image ID # 17eeac8e75
1972 Duel of Eagles by Peter Townsend. The Dramatic Bestseller of the R.A.F. and the Luftwaffe in the Battle of Britain. ISBN 671-78520-6, LOC 79-116510 - Paperback
A stirring account of the Battle of Britain by Group Captain Peter Townsend. Group Captain Peter Townsend, himself a Battle of Britain pilot, traces the background to the conflict from the defeat and destruction of the Kaiser's airforce to the long days of 1940 when Spitfires and Messerschmitts fought their battles to the death over England.
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- LC Control No.: 79116510
- Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
- Personal Name: Townsend, Peter, 1914-1995.
- Main Title: Duel of eagles.
- Published/Created: New York, Simon and Schuster 
- Description: 480 p. illus., plan, ports. 25 cm.
- ISBN: 0671206419
- Notes: Bibliography: p. 442-447.
- Subjects: Britain, Battle of, Great Britain, 1940.
- LC Classification: D756.5.B7 T69 1970b
- Dewey Class No.: 940.542/1
- Geographic Area Code: e-uk---