Marine: Guided Tour - Marine Expeditionary Unit - 1996
Front Cover, Marine: Guided Tour - Marine Expeditionary Unit - 1996 - ISBN 0425154548. GGA Image ID # 137267a6ff
Tom Clancy tells us the real story of the men and women who serve in this most hallowed branch of the Armed Forces. With a compelling style and eye for detail, Clancy paints the fascinating picture of the Corps as only he could.
From the Cover
A RARE INSIDER’S LOOK AT THE FRONT LINE OF OUR NATION’S DEFENSE, BY THE #1 BESTSELLING AUTHOR... TOM CLANCY TAKES YOU ON A FASCINATING DETAILED TOUR OF THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS—THE TRAINING, THE TECHNOLOGY, AND THE PEOPLE...
They are the very best America has to offer—the few and the proud. The Marine Corps has served our nation with distinction, and achieved an almost mythical status among America’s defenders. Now; Tom Clancy tells us the real story of the men and women who serve in this most hallowed branch of the Armed Forces. With the same compelling style and eye for detail that marked his bestselling nonfiction works Submarine, Armored Cav, and Fighter Wing, Clancy paints the fascinating picture of the Corps as only he could.
• The tools of the Marine Expeditionary Unit, including the AAV-7 amphibious personnel carrier, the mighty Wasp-class assault carrier, and Harrier II attack jet
• The role of the Marines in the present and future world
• An in-depth look at recruiting and training
• Exclusive photographs, illustrations, and diagrams
PLUS: An interview with the Commandant of the Marine Corps, General Charles "Chuck" Krulak
Table of Contents
- Introduction: Marine—Part of the American Soul
- Marine 101: Ethos
- Warrior Prince of the Corps: An Interview with General Charles Krulak
- Transformation: Making Marines
- Small Arms
- Tools of the Trade
- Getting There: The 'Gator Navy
- A Guided Tour of the 26th MEU (SOC)
- Getting Ready: 26th MEU (SOC) Training and Operations
- The MEU (SOC) in the Real World
- Conclusion: A Corps for Five Hundred Years...
Back Cover, Marine: Guided Tour - Marine Expeditionary Unit - 1996 - ISBN 0425154548. GGA Image ID # 137282b808
Library of Congress Library Catalog
- Personal name: Clancy, Tom, 1947-2013.
- Main title: Marine : a guided tour of a Marine expeditionary unit / Tom Clancy.
- Edition: Berkley trade pbk. ed.
- Published/Created: New York : Berkley Books, c1996.
- Description: xv, 336 p. : ill., maps ; 23 cm.
- ISBN: 0425154548 (pbk.)
- LC classification: VE23 .C49 1996
- Portion of title: Guided tour of a Marine expeditionary unit
- LC Subjects: United States. Marine Corps. Marine Expeditionary Unit, Special Operations Capable, 26th.
- Notes: Includes bibliographical references (p. 330-336).
- LCCN: 96224067
- Dewey class no.: 359.9/6/0973
- Geographic area code: n-us---
- Type of material: Book