Submarine: A Guided Tour Inside a Nuclear Warship - Tom Clancy - 1993
From the Cover
THE MOST UNUSUAL BOOK TOM CLANCY HAS EVER WRITTEN.
THE FACTS BEHIND THE FICTION.
Never before seen by the general public: A rare glimpse inside a Los Angeles-class (SSN-688) nuclear submarine ...with Tom Clancy as your guide.
Only the author of The Hunt for Red October could capture the reality of life aboard a nuclear submarine. Only a writer of Mr. Clancy's magnitude could obtain security clearance for information, diagrams, and photographs never before available to the public. Now, for the first time, every civilian can enter this top secret world and experience the drama and excitement of this stunning technological achievement...the weapons, the procedures, the people themselves...the startling facts behind the fiction that made Tom Clancy a #1 bestseller.
- Exclusive photographs, illustrations, and diagrams
- Mock war scenarios and weapons launch procedures
- An inside look at life on board, from captain to crew, from training exercises to operations
- The fascinating history and evolution of submarines
PLUS: Tom Clancy's controversial views on submariner tactics and training methods
- The Silent Service
- Building the Boats
- The Boat: A Tour of USS Miami (SSN-755)
- The British Boats: A Tour of HMS Triumph (S-93)
- Roles and Missions
- The Future
- Other People's Submarines
Information about Submarine
- ISBN: 0-425-13873-9
- Publisher: Berkley Books
- Stated Price: $14.95 U.S. $17.95 CAN
- Pages: 328
- Dimensions: 15.2 x 22.9 x 2 cm
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- LC Control No.: 93232129
- Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
- Personal Name: Clancy, Tom, 1947-
- Main Title: Submarine : a guided tour inside a nuclear warship / Tom Clancy.
- Edition Information: 1st ed.
- Published/Created: New York : Putnam, c1993.
- Description: xx, 328 p. : ill.; 23 cm.
- 0399139508 Hardcover
- 0425138739 Paperback
- "Three hundred copies, specially bound, have been signed by the author and numbered"--Prelim. leaf.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Nuclear submarines.
- Submarines (Ships)
- LC Classification: V857.5 .C55 1993
- Dewey Class No.: 623.8/2574 21