Union Steamship Company of New Zealand - Merchant Fleets #32
This book is the story, from 1875 until the present day, of one of the greatest ever shipping companies. The Union Steamship Company of New Zealand must surely hold the accolade for having owned the largest number of truly beautiful passenger ships; both large and small.
They were resplendent with their bronze green, yellow banded, hulls and bright pink waterline and always surmounted by a majestic black topped glowing red funnel. As usual volume 32 of Merchant Fleets includes a basic chronological company history followed by a fleet list of 315 vessels with their technical and career histories. There are also - the largest yet coverage - 218 scale profiles covering all but 29 of the earlier or smaller ships.
UNION STEAMSHIP COMPANY of NEW ZEALAND
- Introduction 1
- Chronological Company history. 3
- Livery. 18
- Routes 18
- Fleet List 19
- Index 161
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- Personal name: Haws, Duncan.
- Main title: Union Steamship Company of New Zealand / by Duncan Haws.
- Published/Created: Pembroke [Wales] : TCL Publications, 1997.
- Description: iv, 163 p. : ill., maps; 21 cm.
- LCCN: 99201021
- Invalid ISBN: 0946378320 (pbk.)
- Type of material: Book