1981 Seneca II Operating Economics Guide - Piper Aircraft Corporation
Estimated Aircraft Ownership and Operating Expense
Total Operating Expense (Schedule I)
Type Aircraft: 1981 SENECA II (PA-34-200T)
Business Usage: 100%
Assumed Hours Per Year: 500
Assumed Years of Ownership: 7
|Estimated Expense (A)||Estimated Expense
Net of Tax Savings (B)
|Assumed Purchase Price||$177,955|
|Estimated Resale Value||$106,773|
|Expense of Asset||$ 71,182||$ 71,182|
|Less 46% Tax Bracket (C)||($ 32,744 )|
|Less 10% Investment Tax Credit (D)||($ 17,795 )|
|Net Investment Expense||$ 71,182||$ 20,643|
|Net Investment Expense Per Year||$ 10,169||$ 2,949|
|Net Investment Expense Per Hour||$ 20.34||$ 5.90|
|Operating Expense/Hour - Schedule II||$ 76.51||$ 41.32|
|Travel Expense Per Hour||$ 96.85||$ 47.22|
|Travel Expense Per Nautical Mile
172 Knots Block Speed at 65% Power
|$ .563||$ .274|
|Travel Expense Per Seat Nautical Mile|
|2 Seats||$ .281||$ .137|
|3 Seats||$ .187||$ .091|
|4 Seats||$ .134||$ .068|
|5 Seats||$ .112||$ .054|
|6 Seats||$ .093||$ .045|
|7 Seats||$ .080||$ .039|
Fuel Consumption - Nautical Miles Per Gallon 7.79 (Statute miles per gallon 8.96) @ 65% Cruise Power & 18,000 Feet P.A.
(A) Before Tax Savings.
(B) This column is presented for example purposes only and it should be understood that all tax situations can vary significantly and your tax advisors should be consulted.
(C) Reflects Federal Tax savings only.
(D) Providing maximum tax limitation has not been exceeded.
Variable and Fixed Expenses (Schedule Ii)
|Annual Fixed Expense|
|Hangar Rental — $ 125 Per Month||$ 1,500|
|Hull — $ 250 Deductible||$ 2,740|
|Liability - Single Limit — $ 1 Million||$ 601|
|Total Annual Fixed Expense||$ 48.41|
|Operating Expense Per Hour||Fixed Expense||Variable
|Fixed Expense Per Hour — 500 Hours||$ 9.68|
|(2) Fuel — 22.1 GPH at $ 1.75 Per Gal.||$ 38.67|
|( 3 ) Oil||$ 1.56|
|(4) Inspection and Maintenance||$ 10.43|
|(5) Engine (Exchange) — two||$ 14.02|
|(6) Props Overhaul — two||$ 1.50|
|(7) Avionics Maintenance Reserve Per Hour||.65|
|Total Operating Expense Per Hour||$ 76.51||$ 66.83|
- Hull insurance computed at current average rates for an IFR equipped aircraft.*
- Fuel expenses are computed at a consumption rate for 65% power with allowance for start, taxi, take-off, climb, cruise, and descent.
- Oil expenses are based on a normal consumption rate of 1/2 pint per hour per engine, oil change every 100 hours, oil filter expenses and oil expense of $6.20 per gallon.
- Inspection and maintenance expenses are based on a programmed inspection schedule, include miscellaneous repairs, and parts with oil filter change at 50 and 100 hours.
- Engine exchange allowance is computed for manufacturer's recommended engine life of 1800 hours at remanufactured engine exchange expenses and includes labor and accessories.
- Expense computed at 1000 hours propeller overhaul — includes removal and installation expenses. Add $275 x 2 props for De-Ice installations.
- Expense computed for an average Dual NAV/COM package with Transponder, ADF, and an Autopilot System.
*Rates are for Private and Corporate owners and do not apply to Commercial operations. Rates may vary depending upon pilot qualifications, experience and other related factors.
Piper Aircraft Corporation reserves the right to make changes in specifications, materials, equipment or prices at any time without prior notice or to discontinue models as required.
Publication Number: 995-1-153
Published: 10/1/80 Printed in USA
More airplane for the dollar.
Piper Aircraft Corporation, Lock Haven, PA 17745
Member of GAMA
A Bangor Punta Company
GG Archives REF: BPPAC-008-1980-BW-BRO