The Booklovers Magazine, May 1904
The Booklovers Magazine
Volume III, Number 5, May 1904
Published Monthly by The Library Publishing Company, Philadelphia
Table of Contents
- The Two Pacifics: III. If Japan Should Win
By Harold Bolce
- Karl Bitter: A Master of Decorative Sculpture
By J. Nilsen Laurvik
- A Group of Modern Paintings
Four full-page reproductions in color
Une Jeune Fille by Charles Chaplan
A Dondottiere by Lord Leighton
Sir John Falstaff by Eduard Grützner
Commerce and Sea Power by W. L. Wyllie
- Matthew Stanley Quay: A Character Sketch
By Joseph M. Rogers
With Portraits, Caricatures, and Cartoons
- Stewards of an Ocean Liner: Above and Below Decks
By Winthrop Packard
- Flower Maidens: Water Color Sketches by Louis Rhead
Reproductions in color of The Nasturtium Maiden, The Rose Maiden, The Clematis Maiden, and The Chrysanthemum Maiden
- Japanese Caricature: An Imported National Humor
By J. Berg Esenwein
With Reproductions of Cartoons
- “Way for the Breakdown Gang”: How Railway Wrecks are Handled
By D. A. Willey
- Literary Geniuses and Brain-Fag: Some Facts About Eye Strain
By George M. Gould, M.D.
- A Spring Poem
By Edmund Vance Cooke
- The Managing Committee: A Story
By Howard Fielding
- The Best New Things from the World of Print
List of Advertisers
- Rubifoam Liquid Dentifrice
- Packer’s Tar Soap
- Collier’s – The National Weekly
- Advertising Prize Competition (Booklovers Magazine)
- The “April” Prize Competition (Booklovers Magazine)
- The Outlook Magazine
- The Strand Magazine (May Number)
- A Unique “Scott” Story (Sir Walter Scott
- Mark Twain’s Six Funniest Books
- An Autobiography by Herbert Spencer
- Books by The Boobbs-Merrill Co. Publishers, Indianapolis
- Her Infinite Variety: A Love Story by Brand Whitlock, Illustrated by Howard Chandler Christy
- Everybody’s Magazine for May
- Everybody’s Magazine: American Cities in Pencil
- The House Beautiful Magazine
- Merrill & Baker – Odd Volumes of DeLuxe Sets Below Costs
- The Booklover’s Magazine School Directory
- Nautical Preparatory School, Providence, Rhode Island
- Whistler portraits by The Copley Prints
- Secret Court Memoirs of the French Court, Translated from the Original Manuscripts
- The Nature Library – Doubleday, Page & Co.
- The New International Encyclopaedia, Completed May 1, 1904 – Dodd, Mead & Co.
- Good Housekeeping Magazine May Number
- The Asiatic Crisis – Ridpath’s History of the World
- The Metropolitan Magazine for May
- The Works of Theodore Roosevelt – The Critic
- The Four=Track News: An Illustrated Monthly Magazine of Travel and Education
- The American Encyclopedic Dictionary – J. A. Hill & Company
- Shredded Wheat – The Natural Food Company
- The Booklovers Library
- The Newest Books – May List Issued by the Booklovers Library, Philadelphia
- Victor: The New Caruso Records – Victor Talking Machine Co. Philadelphia
- Breakfast Cocoa – Walter Baker & Co.
- 1000000 Ostermoors – Ostermoor & Company
- Pearline Soap
- Iver Johnson Safety Hammer, Revolver
- Tailored Suits – National Cloak and Suit Co. New York
- A.P.W. Brand Toilet Paper
- Postum Coffee
- Visit Colorado – Rock Island System (Railroad)
- The Equitable Life Assurance Society of the United States
- Edison Gold Moulded Record – The Edison Phonograph
- Oldsmobile – Olds Motor Works, Detroit
- Savage Rifles – Savage Arms Company
- Seashore, Lake and Moutain Resort of Eastern & Northern New England and the Maritime Provinces reached by the Boston and Maine Railroad
- Bicycle Innovations: Two-Speed Gear and New Coaster Brake, Pope Manufacturing Company
- Bousch & Lomb Plastigmat Lens
- Velvet Velox paper, Eastman Kodak Co
- C.P. Gierz, Union Square, New York
- H&R Honest Revolver – Harrington & Richardson Arms Co.
- Vacation Days are Kodak Days – Eastman Kodak Co.
- Hood’s Sarsaparilla
- Southwestern Limited – Lake Shore & Michigan Southern Railway
- Pocono Mountains – Lackawanna Railroad
- Colorado, The Black Hills, Yellowstone Park – The North-Western Line
- System Magazine – The System Company
- Velvet Grip Hose supporter – George Frost Co.
- Lightweight President Suspenders – The C. A. Edcarton Mfg. Co.
- Belfast Mesh Linen Underwear
- The Oliver Typewriter
- Peoples Savings Bank, Pittsburgh, PA
- The Smith Premier Typewriter
- The International Audit Company, Chicago
- Southern Pacific Sunset Route
- Brighton Flat Clasp Garters – Pioneer Suspender Co.
- Underwood Typewriter Co.
- Remington Typewriter Company
- Chests of Silverware – Daniel Low & Co.
- For Art Lovers – Address The Chambers Co.
- Bailey’s Rubber Bath & Flesh Brush – C. J. Bailey & Co.
- Eye Diseases Cured Without Surgery – A Postal Gets This Books – Gren Oneal, M.D., Chicago
- Johnson’s Prepared Wax – S. C. Johnson & Son
- Old English Floor Wax – A. S. Boyle & Co.
- The Knabe Piano
- Willa’s Yucca Preparations – The L. E. Russell Co.
- Pompeian Massage Cream
- Jap-A-Lag Colored Varnish – The Glidden Varnish Co.
- Bound Volumes of the Booklovers Magazine
- Mrs. Gervaise Graham’s Cucumber and Elder Flower Cream
- Vapo-Cresolene Cures While You Sleep
- 1847 Rogers Bros Silver Ware
- “Gordon Dye” Hosiery – Brown, Durrell & Co.
- The Peck=Williamson Laundry Drier
- Hotel Somerset, Commonwealth Avenue, Boston
- Chicago Great Western Railway
- Rozane Ware – The Roseville Pottery Company
- Kate E. Tirney – Manufacturer Gowns and Millinery, Commissionaire, Chaperone
- Cook’s Imperial Extra Dry Champagne – The American Wine Company
- Niagara Falls via Michigan Central Railroad
- French Lick West Baden Springs – Frank J. Reed, G. P. A.
- A Genuine Willard Banjo Clock – G. R. S. Killam, Pawtucket RI
- Stanley Trunks – The Homer Young Co., Ltd.
- Bureau of University Travel
- Visit Michigan via Grand Rapids & Indiana Railway
- The Startford, Chicago
- Y and E Card Index System – Yawman & Erbe Mfg. Co.
- Reading Chair for Booklovers – “Fit-The-Back Chair” – The Richards Chair=Panel Co., Chicago
- Leslie’s Weekly
- Ingersoll Dollar Watch
- The Press Co., Meriden CT
- Standard Auto-Addresser: The Mailing List Machine of America – Peck & Joline, New York
- Heinz 57 Varieties – H. J. Heinz Company
- Oil-Burning Locomotives: Southern Pacific
- Mountain and Seashore – New York, New Haven and Hartford Railroad
- Otto Sonne, Civil Engineer, Boston
- Bartlett’s Foreign Tours
- La Reclama Cigars – La Reclama Cuban Factory
- Hamburg American Line Select Cruises
- Royal Muskoka Hotel
- Henry E. Burr, Importer Rare Trees
- Old Hickory Chair Company
- Booklovers Magazine Advertising Rates
- Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer
- Waterman’s Ideal Fountain Pen
- Columbia Phonograph Company
- Fairbairn & Williams Resort
- Lyont Healy – The World’s Largest Makers of Harps
- Booklover’s Magazine – Money for Subscription Agents
- The Inside Inn at St. Louis
- Shivers’ Panetela Cigar – Herbert D. Shivers, Philadelphia
- The Leonard Sofa Beds
- Great Lymph Sanitarium Association
- Illinois Central Railraod
- Cleo Rouge
- Klip-Klip The Pocket Manicure
- Good Business English – The System Co.
- Haynes Automobiles – Haynes-Apperson Co, Kokomo, IN
- Canadian Pacific Railway Company Express Steamships to Japan
- Pabst Extract – The Best Tonic
- Macbeth Lamp Chimney
- “Glycozone” Dyspepsia and Other Stomach Troubles
- “Gunn” Improved System Sectional Book Case
- The Locke Adjustable Table
- Joseph Dixon Crucible Co.
- Tapestrolea Cusion Covers
- The Yankee Cork Puller – The Gilchrist Co.
- Kenilworth Furniture – The Cook Company
- The Burrows Brothers Co., Cleveland (Sellers of Good Books)
- Vose Pianos – Vose & Sons Piano Co.
- Regal Shoe Company
- The Prudential Insurance Co. of America
- Mennen’s Borated talcum Oilet Powder
- Horlick’s Malted Milk – Horlick’s Food Company, Racine, WI
- Resinol Soap – Resinol Chemical Company
- Libby’s (Natural Flavor) Food Products – Libby, McNeill & Libby, Chicago
- Pacific Coast Borax Co.
Pages 578-720 (Paginated) plus advertisements in front and back (unpaginated)