Vintage Magazines Available at the Archives
The Archives collects and preserves a number of vintage magazines in the areas of Maritime, Scientific / Technical, General Reading, Genealogy, History, Military, Trade Publications, Women’s Magazines, and Scandinavian Publications.
Note: We also maintain in our collection more recent issues of topical publications that pertain to subjects we collect, primarily military, genealogy and Scandinavian magazines.
Cunard Daily Bulletin
- 1905-06-28 Cunard Daily Bulletin, R.M.S. Ivernia
- 1906 Cunard Daily Bulletin, Fashion and Pleasure Resort Supplement
- 1907 Cunard Daily Bulletin, Fashion and Pleasure Resort Supplement
- 1908 Cunard Daily Bulletin, Fashion and Pleasure Resort Supplement
- 1912 Cunard Daily Bulletin, Summer Edition
- 1921-07 The Cunarder Travel Magazine
- 1921-12 The Cunarder Travel Magazine, Christmas Issue
- 1922-11 The Cunarder Travel Magazine, Mediterranean Cruise Issue
- 1923-05 The Cunarder Travel Magazine, Scandinavian Issue
- 1923-09 The Cunarder: Special Scotch and English Number
- 1923-12 The Cunarder, Christmas Issue
- 1924-02 The Cunarder, Prague - The City of Legends
- 1924-03 The Cunarder, Budapest, Hungary Issue
- 1924-07 The Cunarder, Mediterranean Special Issue
- 1924-11 The Cunarder: Special West Indies Number
- 1925-02 The Cunarder, England, Wales and The British Countryside
- 1925-06 The Cunarder: Special Wembley Number
- 1926-09 The Cunarder: A Travel Magazine
- 1930-05 The Cunarder - A Travel Magazine, Scandianavian Issue
- 1930-08 The Cunarder, A Travel Magazine, Far East Issue
- 1931-11 The Cunarder - A Travel Magazine
- 1893-09 The Sailors Magazine and Seamen's Friend
- 1906-12 Floating Cities and Their News Service - The Print Shop on the Sea
- 1910-05 Hamburg-American Gazette
- 1982-08 Marine News: Journal of the World Ship Society
- 1990-07-08 The Archivist: Canada by the Cunard Line - Crossing the Atlantic by Steam
Scientific / Technical
- 1894-08-11 Scientific American
- 1901-06-29 Scientific American
- 1915-06 Technical World Magazine
- 1920-04 Illustrated Wold Magazine
- 1888-01 Harper's New Monthly Magazine
- 1899-07 Harper's New Monthly Magazine
- 1903-05-23 Harper's Weekly
- 1918-03 National Geographic Magazine
- 1918-08 National Geographic Magazine
- 1922-08-12 The Literary Digest
- 1928-04 The World's Work Magazine
- 1939-04 National Geographic Magazine
- 1985-12 National Geographic Magazine
- 1986-12 National Geographic Magazine
- 1987-10 National Geographic Magazine
- 1998-08 National Geographic Magazine
- 1888-04 The Century Illustrated Monthly Magazine
- 1915-08 Current History Magazine
- 1916-01 The Century Magazine
- 1916-05 Current History Magazine
- 1919-01 Century Magazine
- 1903-08 Railroad Trainmen's Journal
- 1903-12 Railroad Trainmen's Journal
- 1936-09 The Kiwanis Magazine
Other Periodicals in the Archives In the Queue For Uploading
- 1903-10-15 Pacific Coast Railway & Steamship Guide includes Insert from Oceanic Steamship Company
- 1913-09-28 Boston Sunday Post - Sunday Magazine
- 1914-12-31 The New York Times Mid-Week Pictorial: War Extra. Photos of Australian Troops Embarking on a Transport at Melbourne and numerous war battle photographs.
- 1915-10-28 The New York Times Mid-Week Pictorial: Photo of the M-1, the most powerful US Submarine; Wartime Humor, Numerous war photographs.
- 1917-05-12 Booklet: Vol. IX [Parts 141-160] The Great War: The Standard History of the All-Europe Conflict, Part 143 - The Intervention of the United States
- 1918-03-21 The New York Times Mid-Week Pictorial: Camera Records of National Army Men in Training at Camp Upton, Long Island NY; Large Painting of a Busy Morning Scene at a Port in France Where American Troops Are Landing Almost Every Day; Photographs of US Navy Training Camp in San Diego
- 1918-08-22 The New York Times Mid-Week Pictorial: San Diego Training for Men in the US Navy;
- 1918-09-05 Vol. VIII, No. 1: Mid Week Pictorial: An Illustrated Weekly published by the New York Times: Features Life on an American Transport Bound for France; Panoramic Views of Camp Bowie, Fort Worth Texas.
- 1918-10 The Illustrated Review Featuring Our Boys "Over There" - Many photographs and information on the War, large article on the development of the Aeroplane and a photograph of a steamship carrying troops that is docking in France.
- 1918-11-07 The New York Times Mid-Week Pictorial: Article on Flight Surgeons - Flying Ambulance; Numerous wartime photographs.
- 1919-12-18 The New York Times Mid-Week Pictorial: On The Rhine - Awaiting Germany's Answer; Deep Sea Diving Equipment allows diving to depths of 360 Feet; Image of Memorial scroll and message from the King of Great Britain set to the relatives of all who fell in the war.
- 1923-08-25 The Illustrated London News: Feature story was the Burial of President Harding: Last Rites at his Home Town - 3,000 mile Funeral Journey, Washington Ceremonies.
- 1924 Vol. X, No. 22 Deutsch-Amerika: The Illustrated Weekly. Kinder der Zeit - Article and photographs of the rise of the Third Reich in 1923. Text in German.
- 1932-03 The Shipbuilder and Marine Engine Builder, Vol. XXXIX, No. 262. Photographs included: M.S. Kalundborg, S.S. President Coolidge (Dollar Line), many of machinery parts.
- 1936-02-01 The Illustrated London News: Record of the Lying-In-State and Funeral of His Late Majesty King George V. With Double - Page in Color: H.M. King Edward VIII.
- 1936-09 The Kiwanis Magazine, Vol. 21, No. 9, Paginated 515-576. Article on Juvenile Delinquency, Its Causes and Prevention - Written during the depression.
- 1982-08 Marine News - The World Ship Society, Vol. XXXVI, No. 8. Article on the Four New Transatlantic Passenger Liners for Hamburg-Amerika Line 1887 by S. J. F. Miller. The four liners were Augusta Victoria,, Columbia, Normannia, Fürst Bismarck
- 2001 Winter, Maritime Life and Traditions, No. 13. Articles included: Hull's Maritime History; The Gold Rush Ship Niantic.