Concert Program from the RMS Aquitania, Cunard Line, 21 August 1924
Beautiful Cover Graphics adorn this program for a Benefit Concert held at the Second Class Dining Room on the RMS Aquitania of the Cunard Line in Aid of British and American Seamen's Institutions, Orchestrated by Chairman Mr. William Ryan.
Entertainment IN AID OF British & American SEAMEN'S INSTITUTIONS.
Entertainment IN AID OF
British & American
HELD ON BOARD THE
CUNARD RMS “ AQUITANIA ”
Commodore Sir James Charles, K.B.E., C.B., R.D., R.N.R. (Rtd.)
SECOND CLASS DINING ROOM,
THURSDAY, AUGUST 21st, 1924, AT 9-15 P.M.
Mr. William Ryan.
- Sleight of Hand
Mr. G. Clayton
My Dear Soul ” Miss Olive Thomas
- Baritone Songs
Mr. Dennis Hoey
(a) “ The Lute Player ’ ’ (Ellison)
(b) “ The Floral Dance ” (Kate Moss)
Accompanied by Mr. Douglas Burbidge
- A Dance
By the Six Tiller Girls
(Of the “ Lollipop Company,” Knickerbocker Theatre, N.Y.C.)
"Aquitania ' Orchestra
Mr. W. A. Bishop
- Pianoforte Selection
Mr. W. Mayerl
"The Slave Song"
Miss V. E. Olney
- English Concertina Selections
Mr. E. S. Smalley
"America" and “God Save the King.”
Entertainments In Aid of Seamen’s Children
MONEY DERIVED from the various Entertainments held from time to time on Cunard Steamers is distributed to various organisations working in the interests of necessitous children of all classes of Seamen or Seafaring Men. It is divided between British and American Institutions.
A large number of these Children have lost their fathers by the perils of the sea in crossing the Atlantic, and conveying passengers and cargo to and from America. A still larger number of Children have been rendered destitute owing to the death of their fathers from diseases contracted by exposure to the weather, in all seasons and at all hours.
The Institutions which permanently benefit are :
- ROYAL LIVERPOOL SEAMEN’S ORPHAN INSTITUTION.
- HOME FOR AGED MARINERS, EGREMONT.
- NEW YORK PORT SOCIETY.
- AMERICAN SEAMEN’S FRIEND SOCIETY.
- SEAMEN’S CHURCH INSTITUTE.
- SEAMEN’S CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION.
- Y.M.C.A. MARINERS’ BRANCH.
- SOCIETY FOR THE RELIEF OF DESTITUTE CHILDREN OF SEAMEN. MARINERS’ FAMILY ASYLUM.
- St MARY’S EPISCOPAL CITY MISSION, EAST BOSTON.
- MONTREAL SAILORS’ INSTITUTE.
- MONTREAL CATHOLIC SAILORS’ CLUB.
Other British Charities which are helped from time to time are :
- ROYAL MERCHANT SEAMEN’S ORPHANAGE, LONDON
- ROYAL NATIONAL LIFEBOAT INSTITUTION.
- MERCANTILE MARINE MASTERS’ AND OFFICERS’ RELIEF FUND.
- SEAMEN’S ORPHANAGE, SOUTHAMPTON.
- SAILORS’ HOME, SOUTHAMPTON.
- MISSIONS TO SEAMEN.
- SEAMEN’S FRIEND SOCIETY, LIVERPOOL.
- SEAMEN’S CONVALESCENT HOSPITAL, LIMPSFIELD.