Titanic Voices: Memories from the Fateful Voyage - 0312217927
Title: Titanic Voices: Memories from the Fateful Voyage
Authors: Donald Hyslop, Sheila Jemima, Alastair Forsyth
Book Description: The RMS Titanic was supposedly unsinkable, but in the early hours of 15 April 1912 this newest flagship of the White Star Line sank with great loss of life. Titanic Voices relives the event through first hand accounts. Using photographs, letters and oral histories, "Titanic Voices" seeks to recreate the sinking of the ship, reliving events through the first-hand accounts of those who were actually there.
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Published: April 1999
Format: Trade paperback
Number of Pages: 296
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: The Renaissance of Southampton - "American Line to White Star"
- Chapter 2: Southampton 1912 - "Ice Skating, the Latest Craze"
- Chapter 3: Provisioning - "A Ship Full of Flowers"
- Chapter 4: Signing On - "A Job On the Big 'Un"
- Chapter 5: Departure - "There Goes Daddy's Ship"
- Chapter 6: Last Letters Home - "My Dear Little Treasures"
- Chapter 7: Atlantic Crossing - "Iceberg Ahead"
- Chapter 8: Disaster - "All Hands On Deck"
- Chapter 9: Waiting For News - "A Great Hush Descended on the Town"
Colour Section: Honour and Glory
- Chapter 10: US Enquiry - "Safe, SS Lapland, Sid"
- Chapter 11: Homecoming - "The Hectic Greeting"
- Chapter 12: British Investigation - "Hands On The Whitewash Brush"
- Chapter 13: Relief Fund - "No Sympathy and No Jeering"
- Chapter 14: Aftermath - "Almost Like Murder Wasn't It"
- Chapter 15: Memorials and Memories - "April 15th, Very Sad Day"
Acknowledgements and Bibliography
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
|LC control no.:||97002253|
|Type of material:||Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)|
|Main title:||Titanic voices : memories from the fateful voyage / written, compiled and edited by Donald Hyslop, Alastair Forsyth, and Sheila Jemima; photography by John Lawrence.|
|Published/Created:||New York : St. Martin’s Press, 1997.|
|Related names:||Hyslop, Donald.|
|Description:||296 p. : ill. (some col.), map; 31 cm.|
|Notes:||"First published in 1994 by Southampton City Council"--T.p. verso.|
|Includes bibliographical references (p. 295).|
|Shipwrecks --North Atlantic Ocean.|
|LC classification:||G530.T6 T586 1997|
|Dewey class no.:||910/.91634|