Leviathan: The World's Greatest Ship, Vol. 4 - 1981 by Frank O. Braynard
The Story of the LEVIATHAN
By FRANK O. BRAYMTO
This book is dedicated William Francis Gibbs - his brother Frederic H. Gil and to the Robert L. Ha Merchant Marine Indusi Post, and to Irving H. Jo and Harry Wright, two gei ous LEVIATHAN engine and to the LEVIATHAN Veterans Association m gratitude.
Published by the Maritime Museum, Newport News Virginia
©Copyright by Frank Braynard
Library of Congress d Catalogue No. 72-85207
Other books by the author
50 Years of the New York SI building Corp.
Lives of the Liners Famous American Ships S. S. SAVANNAH, The Elegant Steamship The Story of Ships A Tugman’s Sketchbook Fire Island to Venice One Square Mile By Their Works Ye Shall Know Th Search for the Tall Ships
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Front End Papers Tourist and Third Class Deck Plans 1928
- Chapter I FIFTIETH ROUND TRIP
- Chapter II THREE AIR CROSSINGS
- Chapter III BRINGING HEROES HOME
- Chapter IV THE SECOND A.E.F.
- Photo Section No. One
- Chapter V LAST VOYAGE
- Chapter VI CUNNINGHAM COMES ABOARD
- Chapter VII STORMS
- Chapter VIII THE GREAT MAIL ROBBERY
- Photo Section No. Two
- Chapter IX ‘SAVE THE LEVIATHAN’
- Chapter X ELIZABETH’S DIARY
- Chapter XI HAPPINESS, HAPPINESS
- Chapter XII PAUL WADSWORTH CHAPMAN
- Chapter XIII WET OR DRY
- Chapter XIV THE ADAMS AIR MAIL PICK UP
- Photo Section No. Three.
- Chapter XV CARRIES 2,716 PASSENGERS
- Chapter XVI THE CRASH
- Chapter XVII AND THE CRACK
- Back End Papers