N.G.I. Italian Line History and Ephemera
Under this title were united the lines which formerly belonged to Florio, of Palermo, and Rubattino, of Genoa, having the head office at Rome. There are lines from Italy to India, China, New York, Brazil, and River Plate, in connection with the company’s Mediterranean, Adriatic, and Levant services. In 1901 this company joined La Veloce Navigation Italiana Co. in making the services weekly (instead of fortnightly), Genoa and Naples to New York, and from Genoa to Monte Video and Buenos Ayres. The total given includes eight steamers building, aggregating 50,800 tons.
AKA Società di navigazione / Navigazione Generale Italiana Italia
N. G. I. Services
- Fast passenger service de luxe between New York, Naples, Genoa and viceversa
- Fast passenger service between New York, Palermo, Naples, Genoa and viceversa
- Fast passenger service de luxe between Genoa, Barcellona, Rio de Janeiro, Santos, Montevideo, Buenos Aires and Viceversa
- Fast passenger service between Genoa, Barcellona, (or Naples, Genoa, Barcellona) Rio de Janeiro, Santos, Montevideo, Buenos Aires and viceversa
- Fast passenger service between Genoa, Naples, Rio de Janeiro, Santos, Montevideo, Buenos Aires aad viceversa
- Fast passenger service between Genoa, Marseilles, Barcellona, Teneriffe, Trinidad, La Guaria, Curacao, Puerto Columbia, Colon, Guayaquil, Callao, Mollendo, Arica, Iquique, Antofagasta, Valparaiso and viceversa
- Passenger and cargo service between Genoa, Marseilles, Barcellona, Cadiz, Teneriffe, Havana, Puerto Limon, Colon, Cartagena, Puerto Columbia, Curacao, Puerto Cabello, La Guaria, Trinidad, Teneriffe, Cadiz, Barcellona, Marseilles, Genoa
- Cargo service between Genoa, Leghorn, Cadiz, Havana, Puerto Limon, Colon, Guayaquil, Callao, Iquique, Valparaiso
- Regular passenger and cargo service (jointly with Lloyd Sabaud between Genoa, Leghorn, Naples, Catania, Port Said, Suez, Aden, Colombo, Fremantle, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and viceversa
Documents in the Archives In the Queue For Uploading
- 1925 ca Brochure: Colombo, N.G.I Genoa. 40 Page brochure includes 15 Interior Photographs and a photograph of the ship. Numerous other illustration of historical people and places. This vessel was operated with a single class of passenger accommodations.
- 1926-04-10 List of Cabin Passengers, SS Colombo, New York to Palermo, Naples and Genoa, Captain Comm. Arturo Romano
- 1932 Photograph: SS Rex close to the landing stage.
- 1935-09-13 List of Special Class Passengers, SS Rex, Genoa and Villefranche (Nice) to New York via Naples and Gibraltar, Captain Grand'Uff. Francesco Tarabotto. Color Route Map. In Italian and English.