Cunard Collection - Port Line - University of Liverpool
A summary of Holdings of the Cunard Line Archives at the University of Liverpool pertaining to Section PL, Port Line. Digitized from the Table of Contents, Catalogue of the Cunard Steamship Company held at the University of Liverpool, 1980.
Port Line - Index to Section PL
Port Line Ltd, originally known as the Commonwealth and Dominion Line, was registered in 1914. The company was an amalgamation of four shipping companies: Tyser & Co, part of the Star Line of James P Corry & Co, The Indra Line of T B Royden & Co, and the Anglo-Australasian Steam Navigation Company of William Milburn & Co. The Commonwealth & Dominion Line was taken over by Cunard in 1916. The company's name was changed to Port Line on 1 Feb 1936 but the change was not officially adopted until 11 Nov 1937.
- PL1 :- Board
- PL2 :- Registers And Transfers Of Stocks And Shares
- PL3 :- Correspondence And Company Administration — 'Old Files'
- PL4 :- Correspondence And Company Administration — Main Filing Series
- PL5 :- Correspondence And Company Administration
- PL6 :- Correspondence Of Directors, Manager And Assistant Manager
- PL7 :- Correspondence Of Directors, Manager And Secretary
- PL8 :- Loss Of Ships
- PL9 :- Private Letter books, Correspondence And Indexes
- PL10 :- Charter Parties
- PL11 :- Accountant's Department
- PL12 :- Publicity Department
- PL13 :- Miscellaneous
Records of the Cunard Steamship Co Ltd
- Reference Number: GB 141 D42
- Held at: Liverpool University, Special Collections and Archives
- Dates of Creation: 1840-1990 [principally 1878-c1965]
- Physical Extent: boxes, volumes and oversize items - the number runs to over 1000
- Name of Creator: Cunard Steamship Co Ltd