Titanic Video: Departure from Southampton
The movie short is described as a "real video" from 1912, a black and white film that provides a glimpse of the activity and passengers as they ready to depart from Southampton on 10 April 1912. The scenes captured in this 4: 50-minute film are listed below.
- Captain E. J. Smith, R.N.R. Commander of the Ill-Fated SS Titanic. a Final Inspection of His Vessel Ten Minutes Before Sailing Time.
- Emergency Telephone to Be Used in Case of a Storm
- Engine Room Signal Chart
- First Cabin Promenade Deck with a View of the Lifeboats
- Second Cabin Promenade Deck
- Third Cabin Promenade Deck
- Loading Passenger's Baggage by Utilizing an Electrical Crane
- Forward End View of First, Second, and Third Cabin Decks
- Bon Voyage: Thousands Madly Cheering as the Giant Vessel Begins to Move from Her Dock.
Background Musical Theme by James Horner from the Movie "Titanic" (Director James Cameron) 1997.