The Titanic Collection: Mementos of the Maiden Voyage
Front of Hinged Box Containing The Titanic Collection: Mementos of the Maiden Voyage from the Archives of the Titanic Historical Society. GGA Image ID # 104e8bf4da
The tragedy of the Titanic is chillingly present in the details: that the sea was calm and the night moonless; that the orchestra played "Songe d'Automne" as the icy water rose.
Drawn from the archives of the Titanic Historical Society, The Titanic Collection uses real documents authentically reproduced to paint a riveting portrait of life on board this magnificent ship.
Reminiscent of a turn-of-the-century steamer trunk, this deluxe box contains more than 18 items, including:
- boarding pass of a man who missed the sailing
- brochure reviewing the amenities and civilities of the first class
- deck maps
- luggage stickers
- postcards sent from the ship
- replicas of three tragic telegrams: the warning of icebergs ahead, the Titanic's distress call, and the heartrending announcement of the disaster
The Titanic Collection also includes a fact-filled booklet and timeline. Few will want to resist a closer look at the utterly compelling items in The Titanic Collection.
The Titanic momentos are housed in a hinged box containing a booklet that explains the reproductions included from that fateful voyage of 1912. Includes replicas and copies of Titanic memorabilia, mementos, notes, menus, maps, and more!
- 8-Panel Brochure on the TItanic/Olympic
- Deck Plans
- Full-Color Adhesive Luggage Stickers
- Boarding Card (White Star Line Agent Insert for FIrst Class Tickets on the Titanic)
- Notes for First Class Passengers - Useful Information including Meal Times, Public Spaces, and Amenities
- First Class Passenger List
- First Class Luncheon Menu
- Menu from the Last Dinner for First Class Passengers
- Postcard Reproductions of the Titanic and Olympic (Some postally used, others unused)
- Music Booklet containing the orchestra's repertoire
- "Radio-Telegram" from the Ship Amerika Four Hours before the Disaster Warning of Icebergs
- Copy of Telegram Sent From the Titanic to the Baltic - "Sinking wants immediate assistance"
- Marconigram from the Carpathia
- Landing Card
- 38-Page Booklet That Explains the Contents of This Collection with a Timeline of the Tragedy
- ISBN-10: 0811820521
- ISBN-13: 9780811820523
- Authors: Eric Sauder, Hugh Brewster
- Number of Pages: 38
- Publication Date: 1998-07-01
- Publisher: Chronicle Books LLC