Total Titanic: The Most Up-To-Date Guide to the Disaster of the Century - 1998
Front Cover of Total Titanic: The Most Up-to-Date Guide to the Disaster of the Century by Marc Shapiro (1998). GGA Image ID # 1053052132
Total Titanic will separate fiction from fact and report on what actually happened as best we know it, from personal memoirs, official records, and discoveries made on recent expeditions to the ship’s ocean-bottom grave site.
In addition, you will find a treasure trove of information about the fictional versions of the tragedy, from the classic novel-turned-into-film A Night to Remember to the 1997 James Cameron box office blockbuster.
For the aficionado, there is also a full passenger and crew manifest, an important element of the Titanic's legacy. It should be remembered that these were real people whose lives were cut short by accident, ignorance, and catastrophe. But their story lives on. It is now part of our cultural heritage, and their names will not be forgotten.
Here, now, aie the true and untainted facts about the sailing—and sinking—of the R.M.S. Titanic.
- 1. The Making of the Titanic
- 2. The Ultimate Luxury Liner
- 3. The Sailing of the Titanic
- 4. Prelude to Disaster
- 5. The Sinking of the Titanic
- 6. In the Water
- 7. Carpathia to the Rescue
- 8. The Californian Mystery
- 9. The Music of the Night
- 10. Titanic: The Aftermath
- 11. Life After Titanic
- 12. In Search of Titanic
- 13. Titanic Headlines
- 14. Titanic Movies
- 15. Keeping the Memory Alive
- 16. The Passenger List
- 17. The Crew List
- 18. The Titanic's Cargo Manifest
- Suggested Reading
- Suggested Viewing
- Suggested Websites
From the Back Cover
Back Cover of Total Titanic: The Most Up-to-Date Guide to the Disaster of the Century by Marc Shapiro (1998). GGA Image ID # 1053edf260
The Unthinkable Disaster!
Here, for the first time, is the most complete and up-to- date information on the tragedy that captured the world's heart and soul and fired its imagination.
- Where and when was the Titanic constructed?
- Who booked passage on the maiden—and final—voyage?
- Why did it actually sink? When and where did it sink?
- Who survived? Who rescued the survivors?
- How did the rescue ship locate the survivors in the icy ocean?
- How did Robert Ballard find the sunken wreck of the Titanic, and what did he retrieve?
- What movies and books were done to commemorate the disaster?
- A complete listing of all Titanic Internet Web Sites!