Titanic: The Tragedy That Shook the World - 2012
Front Cover of Titanic: The Tragedy that Shook the World - One Century Later. Vol. 12, No. 4, March 2012. GGA Image ID # 10d15be7b4
Filled with a superb selection of photographs - black and white from 1912 and more recent color photographs of the Titanic at the bottom of the ocean. Time/Life, again, proved their ability to tell a story in words and pictures. While many of the photographs have been seen before, the context and additional stories dig deeper into this tragedy of the 20th century and make for a great read. While this edition is out of print, it was available on the newsstands until 22 June 1912, we recommend this book for Titanic collectors and those that love mysteries and real-life stories. -- The GG Archives.
Table of Contents
- The Building, The Boarding
- The Good Life, For A Few Hours
- A Titan Of The World
- The Iceberg, And Afterward
- The Victims, The Survivors
- A Night To Remember, Remembered
- At Rest
- Just One More
From the Publication
The passage of time causes a blue-gray haze to engulf, even hug horrors, and in rare instances, a disastrous tragedy takes on the sheen of romance, with a vague, diffuse sunshine breaking through the fog. ... They are regarded, today, much as we regard Plato's mythical Atlantis: as dazzling bygone civilizations ... Such is also true, thanks to Walter Lord, Robert Ballard, James Cameron and others (and, again, crucially, by the passage of, now, precisely 100 years) of the Titanic.
- Title: Titanic: The Tragedy That Shook the World / One Century Later
- Publisher: New York: Life Books, an Imprint of Time Home Entertainment, Inc.
- Edition: Vol. 12, No. 4, 23 March 2012
- Front Cover: Painting © Ken Marshall, 1974
- Pages: 144 / Soft
- Series: Time/Life Hardcover Collector's Edition Books
- SKU: 25274-10526