SS Red Cross Ephemera Collection
Digitized Ephemera for the SS Red Cross available at the GG Archives. Common items of ephemera in our maritime collection include passenger lists, brochures, event and entertainment programs, and other memorabilia produced for a voyage or ship.
- Steamship Line: Hamburg Amerika Linie / Hamburg American Line (HAPAG)
- Class of Passengers: Surgeons and Nurses of the American Red Cross
- Date of Departure: 13 September 1914
- Route: New York to Falmouth, England
- Commander: Captain Armistead Rust, U.S.N. (Retired)
Ephemera contained in the GG Archives collection represent the souvenirs provided to the passengers of each voyage. Many of these souvenir ephemeral items have disappeared over the years.
Our selection varies considerably by ship, and likely contains only a sampling of what was originally produced and printed by the steamship lines.
Bookmark pages you're researching and check back periodically for additions as we continue to digitize our extensive ephemera materials.