SS Demosthenes Ephemera Collection
All Digitized Ephemera for the SS Demosthenes available at the GG Archives. Common items of ephemera in our maritime collection include passenger lists, brochures, event and entertainment programs, and other memorabilia produced for a voyage or ship.
- Steamship Line: Aberdeen Line
- Class of Passengers: Saloon
- Date of Departure: 16 January 1926
- Route: Australia to the United Kingdom via South Africa and Spain
- Port of Calls: Melbourne » Fremantle » Durban » Capetown » Tenerife » Southampton
- Commander: Captain F. A. Orriss
Vintage Dinner Bill of Fare Card from 13 February 1927 on board the SS Demosthenes of the Aberdeen Line featured Fried Sole, Tomato Sauce, Roast Sirloin of Beef & Horseradish, and Plum Tart & Cream for dessert. The reverse side contained a daily progress report of distance traveled and weather conditions.
Ephemera contained in the GG Archives collection represent the souvenirs provided to the passengers of each voyage. Many of these souvenir ephemeral items have disappeared over the years.
Our selection varies considerably by ship, and likely contains only a sampling of what was originally produced and printed by the steamship lines.
Bookmark pages you're researching and check back periodically for additions as we continue to digitize our extensive ephemera materials.