T-34 Russian Armor : World War II Weapons Book No. 21
1971 T-34 Russian Armor - Ballantine's Illustrated History of World War II. Weapons Book No. 21 by Douglas Orgill. Paperback
Illustrated with over 100 B/W photographs.. Some have claimed the T-34 was the best tank of WWII. It was, in the very least, a revolution in tank development. Book covers the devlopment, tactics, and WWII combat history of the T-34 tank as well as the German response to it.
From the Back Cover
Colonel-General Heinz Guderian, commanding Second Panzer Army: "Very worrying." Major General F. W. Mellenthin, Chief of Staff of XLVII Panzer Corps: "We had nothing comparable."
Field-Marshal Ewald von Kleist, of First Panzer Army: "The finest tank in the world."
Who could be better judges?
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- LC Control No.: 70021897
- Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
- Personal Name: Orgill, Douglas, 1922-
- Main Title: T-34: Russian armor.
- Published/Created: [New York, Ballantine Books, 1971]
- Related Titles: Russian armor.
- Description: 159,  p. illus., plans, ports. 21 cm.
- ISBN: 0345021657
- Notes: On spine: Russian armor.
- Bibliography: p. 
- Tanks (Military science) --Soviet Union.
- World War, 1939-1945 --Equipment and supplies.
- Series: Ballantine’s illustrated history of World War II. Weapons book, no. 21
- LC Classification: UG446.5 .O72
- Dewey Class No.: 940.542/1
- Geographic Area Code: e-ur---