The Order of the Death's Head: The Story of Hitler's SS
1971-10 The Order of the Death's Head: The Story of Hitler's SS by Heinz Höhne. Translated from the German by Richard Barry. LOC 69-19032, ISBN 345-02399-4-195. First Prining: October 1971. Paperback
The author has drawn on primary historical sources in the form of secret SS archives, confidential papers and diaries and hundereds of personal interviews to reveal that the SS was not directed by some devilishly efficient system, but was the product of accident, inevitability and the grouping together of criminals, place-seekers and romanticists.
"A momemental achievement" -- New York Times Reivew of Books
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- LC Control No.: 72189258
- Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
- Personal Name: Höhne, Heinz, 1926-
- Uniform Title: Orden unter dem Totenkopf. English
- Main Title: The Order of the Death’s Head: the story of Hitler’s SS; translated from the German by Richard Barry.
- Published/Created: London, Pan Books, 1972.
- Description: xxx, 655,  p., fold. leaf. illus., maps, ports. 20 cm.
- ISBN: 0330029630
- Translation of Der Orden unter dem Totenkopf.
- Bibliography: p. -635.
- Subjects: Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiter-Partei. Schutzstaffel.
- LC Classification: DD253.6 .H613 1972
- Dewey Class No.: 943.086
- Language Code: engger
- National Bibliography No.: B72-09943
- Geographic Area Code: e-gx---