Knight's Cross: A Life of Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
Knight's Cross: A Life of Field Marshal Erwin Rommel by David Fraser. Published by Harper Collins, dated 1994. Contains several black & white photographs and maps. ISBN 0-06-01822-9, LOC 93-43832
David Fraser's book brings to Rommel's career not only the perceptions of an acclaimed biography, but those of a distinguished soldier too: his insights into Rommel's mind and methods carry the authority of experience. He shows how inspiringly spontaneous and superficially haphazard Rommel's style of leadership could be.
An in-depth biography of Field Marshal Erwin Rommel written with the cooperation of Rommel's son, by a renowned military analyst and historian who is himself a general.
- List of Illustrations
- List of Maps
Part 1: 1891-1918
- 'Keep the Right Wing Strong'
- The Swoop of the Falcon
- Pour le Mérite
Part 2: 1919-1939
- Soldier Without Politics
- Darkness and Dawn
- A Personal Assignment
Part 3: 1939-1940
- Command from the Front
- 'To the Last Breath of Man and Beast'
- The Ghost Division
Part 4: 1941-1943
- Sunflowers in Africa
- 'The Seydlitz of the Panzer Corps'
- Panzer Grouppe Afrika
- 'Rommel an der Spitze!'
- 'Heia Safari!'
- The End of the Line
Part 5: 1943-1944
- The Sunray Lamp
- The Last Battle
- 'For the Honour of Germany'
- 'What did Rommel Know?'
- A Necessary End
- Appendix: Chronology
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- LC Control No.: 93043832
- Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
- Personal Name: Fraser, David, 1920-
- Main Title: Knight’s cross : a life of Field Marshal Erwin Rommel / David Fraser.
- Edition Information: 1st U.S. ed.
- Published/Created: New York, NY : HarperCollins, c1993.
- Description: xv, 601 p. : ill., maps ; 25 cm.
- ISBN: 0060182229 (cloth) : $30.00
- Notes: Includes bibliographical references (p. -571) and index.
- Rommel, Erwin, 1891-1944.
- Marshals --Germany --Biography.
- World War, 1939-1945 --Campaigns --Africa, North.
- World War, 1939-1945 --Germany.
- Africa, North --History, Military.
- LC Classification: DD247.R57 F73 1993
- Dewey Class No.: 940.54/23/092 B 20
- Geographic Area Code: e-gx--- fn-----