The German Navy in World War II
1969 The German Navy in World War II by Edward P. Von der Porten with a Foreword by Grand Admiral Karl Donitz. Published: Thomas Y. Crowell Company, New York. 1969 First Edition. 40 b&w photographs, 274 Pages.
The author traces the development of the new Navy during the prewar years, describing the secret building programs that contravened the Treaty of Versailles and the struggles over policy that determined the size and composition of the new Fleet when war broke out.
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- LC Control No.: 69018674
- Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
- Personal Name: Von der Porten, Edward P.
- Main Title: The German Navy in World War II [by] Edward P. Von der Porten.
- Published/Created: New York, T. Y. Crowell 
- Description: ix, 274 p. illus., maps, ports. 24 cm.
- Notes: Bibliography: p. 257-265.
- Germany. Kriegsmarine --History.
- World War, 1939-1945 --Naval operations, German.
- LC Classification: D771 .V65
- Dewey Class No.: 940.545/9/43