Barrage: The Guns in Action - World War II Weapons Book, No. 18
Front Cover, Barrage: The Guns in Action by Ian V. Hogg. Ballantine's Illustrated History of World War II, Weapons Book, No. 18. New York: Ballantine Books, Inc. # 02112-6, 1970. GGA Image ID # 1662625138
From the Back Cover
Imagine, if you can, this routine going on for two, four, six or more hours, with the paint blistering on the gun barrels and the exhausted gunners trying to snatch a bite to eat or a few minutes sleep. Imagine all this and you begin to see why we tend to get cross when we get called "the long range snipers."
BARRAGE: THE GUNS IN ACTION, Ian V. Hogg/ New York: Ballantine Books: . Soft cover. First Edition. 160pp. Soft cover. Ballantines Illustrated History of WWII. Weapons book #18. Great photographic look as the artillery of WWII.
Back Cover, Barrage: The Guns in Action by Ian V. Hogg, 1970. GGA Image ID # 166269c18f
Table of Contents
- The Birth of the Barrage
- Behind the Scenes
- Desert Days
- The Eastern Front
- The Not-so-Soft Underbelly
- Jungle Guns
- V for Veritable, Varsity, and Victory
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- LC Control No.: 79021129
- Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
- Personal Name: Hogg, Ian V., 1926-
- Main Title: Barrage: the guns in action [by] Ian V. Hogg.
- Published/Created: [New York, Ballantine Books, 1970]
- Description: 160 p. illus., ports. 21 cm.
- Notes: Bibliography: p. 160.
- Subjects: Artillery --History. World War, 1939-1945 --Equipment and supplies.
- Series: Ballantine’s illustrated history of World War II. Weapons book, no. 18
- LC Classification: UF15 .H55
- Dewey Class No.: 358/.12/09044