The Infantry Soldier's Handbook: The Classic World War I Training Manual
The Infantry Soldier's Handbook: The Classic World War I Training Manual by Major William H. Waldron, Originally published by The Harvey Press, 1917. Reprinted by The Lyons Press, New York, 2000. ISBN: 1-58574-150-7, Paperback, 247 Pages.
Originally published during the First World War as a reference guide for soldiers, this handy, well-indexed volume explains each and every aspect of the American infantryman's duties and responsibilities in a concise easy-to-understand manner. From bugle signals to rules for guarding prisoners, conditioning exercises to rifle inspection, readers can see how much infantry service and protocol has changed over the course of the last eighty years, and how much has, remarkably, remained the same.
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- LC Control No.: 00708786
- Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
- Personal Name: Waldron, William H. (William Henry), 1877-1947.
- Main Title: The infantry soldier’s handbook : the classic World War I training manual / by William H. Waldron.
- Published/Created: New York : Lyons Press, c2000.
- Description: 245 p. : ill.; 19 cm.
- ISBN: 1585741507
- Notes: Reprint. Originally published: New York : Harvey Press, 1917.
- United States Army --Infantry --Drill and tactics --Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- United States Army --Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- LC Classification: UD160 .W3 2000
- Dewey Class No.: 355.5/0973 21
- Geographic Area Code: n-us---