USS Newark, USS Cincinnati, USS Raleigh, USS Boston USS NEWARK 1898
Photograph: USS Newark : Unarmored Protected Cruiser.
Length 311 feet, 7 inches. Breadth 49 1-6 feet. Mean draft 18 feet, 9 inches. Displacement 4,098 tons. Speed 19 knots per hour. Personnel 34 officers. 350 men. Cost $1,248,000.
Photograph: USS Cincinnati : Unarmored Protected Cruiser.
Length 300 feet. Breadth 42 feet. Mean draft 18 feet. Displacement 3,213 tons. Speed (estimated) 19 knots per hour. Personnel 20 officers. Personnel 294 men. Cost $1,100,000.
Protected cruiser. Twin screw. Commissioned June 16 1894. Length. 300 feet breadth, 42 feet; draft, 18 feet displacement, 3.213 tons; speed, 19 knots.
Photograph: USS Raleigh : Unarmored Protected Cruiser.
Length 300 feet. Breadth 42 feet. Mean draft 18 feet. Displacement 3,213 tons. Speed (estimated) 19 knots per hour. Personnel 20 officers. Personnel 293 men. Cost $1,100,000.
Protected cruiser. Twin-Screw. Length, 300 feet; breadth, 42 feet; draft, 18 feet; displacement, 3,213 tons; speed, 19 knots. Main battery: one 6-inch gun and ten 5-inch rapid-fire guns. Secondary battery: eight 6-pounder and four 1-pounder rapid-fire guns and 11 Gatlings. The protected deck, 2 1/2 inches thick. Twenty officers, 293 men. Cost, $1,100,000.
Photograph: USS Boston : Unarmored Protected Cruiser.
Length 271 1/4 feet. Breadth 42 feet, 13.4 inches. Mean draft 16 feet, 10 inches. Displacement 3,000 tons. Speed 15.60 knots per hour. Personnel 19 officers. 259 men. Cost $619,000.
Protected cruiser. Single screw. She was commissioned on May 2, 1887. Length, 271 feet, 3 inches; breadth, 42 feet, 1 1/2 inches; draft, 16 feet, 10 inches; displacement, 3,000 tons; speed, 15 1/2 knots. Main battery: six 6-inch and two 8-inch breech-loading rifles. Secondary battery: two 6-pounder, two 3-pounder, two 1-pounder rapid-fire guns, two 47-millimeter and two 37-millimeter Hotchkiss revolving cannons, and two Gatlings. The thickness of the protective deck, 1 1/2 inches on the slope and lat. Nineteen officers, 265 men. The contract price, $619.000.
US Navy illustrated 1898 Quick Links
- Part I: USS Indiana, USS Iowa, USS Massachusetts, USS Oregon
- Part II; USS Maine, USS Brooklyn, USS New York, USS Minneapolis
- Part III: USS Columbia, USS Texas, USS Baltimore, USS Philadelphia
- Part IV: USS Newark, USS Cincinnati, USS Raleigh, USS Boston
- Part V: USS San Francisco, USS Olympia, USS Kathdin, USS Atlanta
- Part VI: USS Charleston, USS Detroit, USS Marblehead, USS Montgomery
- Part VII: USS Vesuvius, USS Bancroft, USS Bennington, USS Castine
- Part VIII: USS Machias, USS Concord, USS Petrel, USS Yorktown
- Part IX: USS Dolphin, USS Puritan, USS Terror, USS Amphrite
- Part X: USS Miantonomoh, USS Annapolis, and Smaller Naval Vessels