Camp Grant - Grounds and Barracks - WW1 Cantonment - 1917
In a little more than three months after the erection of the first building, 180 barracks were ready for the reception of the first contingent of the selected men who are now being trained. Photographs of Camp Dodge before and after construction and photographs of Barrack Buildings and Sleeping Quarters.
Photograph 01: The Camp Site, July 1, 1917
Photograph 02: The same view July 25, 1917, with 37 completed buildings
Photograph 03: Flag Raising at Division Headquarters
(The Flag is raised at sunrise and lowered at sunset each day)
Photograph 04: Troops on review ground listening to address by Governor Lowden
Photograph 05: Typical Barracks building. Each contains recreation and dining room, kitchen and sleeping quarters for 200 men.
Photograph 06: A partial view of sleeping quarters in barracks building as shown on opposite page. These barracks are steam heated, electric lighted and have exceptional ventilating facilities.