Manual for Noncommissioned Officers and Privates of Infantry of The Army of The United States: 1917
War Department, Manual for Noncommissioned Officers and Privates of Infantry of The Army of The United States: 1917, © 1917, Government Printing Office, Washington, Hardcover, 350 Pages. To be used by Engineer companies (dismounted) and Coast Artillery companies for Infantry instruction and training. War Department Document No. 574, Office of the Adjutant General.
This is the official Army Manual for Noncommissioned Officers and Solider in the United States Army used in World War I. The book outlines the standards of discipline and courtesy; arms, uniforms and equipment; personal hygiene and care of feet; extracts from the Infantry Drill Regulations; Field Service; Marching and Camping; Target Practice; Extracts from the Manual of Interior Guard; Map Reading and Sketching; Message Blanks; Signals and Codes; First-Aide Rules; Laws and Regulations; and Contains an English-French vocabulary. The Appendix also provides a Form for the Last Will and Testament.
- Military Discipline and Courtesy
- Arms, Uniforms and Equipment
- Rations and Forage
- Personal Hygiene and Care of the Feet
- Extracts from Infantry Drill Regulations, 1911
- Field Service
- Marching and Camping
- Target Practice
- Extracts from Manual of Interior Guard Duty, 1914
- Map Reading and Sketching
- Message Blanks
- Signals and Codes
- First-Aid Rules
- Laws and Regulations
- English-French Vocabulary
- Appendix: Form for Last Will and Testament
Library of Congress Catalog Listing
- LC Control No.: war17000133
- Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
- Corporate Name: United States. War Dept.
- Main Title: Manual for noncommissioned officers and privates of infantry of the army of the United States.
- Published/Created: Washington, Govt. print. off., 1917.
- Description: 350 p. illus., pl., 2 fold. diagr. 14 cm.
- Subjects: United States. Army. Infantry --Drill and tactics.
- United States. Army --Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- United States. Army --Non-commissioned officers’ handbooks.
- LC Classification: UD153 .A4 1917
- Geographic Area Code: n-us---